Cold weather running gear for women

Options
I started the C25K over the weekend and went for day 2 early this morning before work. The only time I'll have available to do this program will either be first thing in the morning or later in the evening when it's coldest.

I need to invest in some lightweight gloves & a headband that covers the ears as it gets colder.

Do any of y'all know where I can find a headband that is cute as well as functional??

I've looked @ a few sites (roadrunnersports.com, newbalance.com, etc) but can't find any cute headbands to cover my ears.

Anyone have any insight as to where I may find some or is this a fruitless search??

Replies

• CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i have a couple of headbands from target and wal-mart that i think are cute... but that's just my opinion! :wink:
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    RunningWarehouse.com is where i buy a lot of stuff lately.

Under Armour has some great cold weather running gear.

I wear BondiBands (super cute styles) sometimes and they cover the hears but they don't provide a great deal of warmth in cold weather.
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have some fleece ones from target. I don't know if they are selling them yet, but they work!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Check out the Expo for an upcoming marathon in your area.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Go to target.com, they have a lot of great head bands. I usually just wear a hat that covers my ears, so you could look into those as another option.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Type "running ear warmers" in Amazon and you should find a few suppliers :smile:
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    NIce job on the C25K. I started yesterday too! I might check out REI or a sporting good store. I use a fleece headband. It's not made for running but snowboarding. You might find that those are helpful cause they really keep your ears toasty and block the wind which always makes my ears hurt so bad.

GOOD LUCK and Keep up the great work!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    any sports store or local running store in your area should carry most all of the running gear. I really like under armour running gear!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    RunningWarehouse.com is where i buy a lot of stuff lately.

^^ jackpot!!! thanks! :bigsmile:
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions!

There's actually a half marathon in my area this upcoming Saturday so I may hit up the expo for it and see if they have anything.

Thanks again, guys!
  • missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be from a running store? I have TONS of cute headbands from Target/Walmart/TJ Maxx/etc. that are fleece-lined and keep my ears toast when I run! Also, I highly recommend these: http://www.hammacher.com/Product/72714?source=CMPSHOP&cm_ven=FROOGLE
    They are simple, comfortable, and they don't slide off your hair when you get sweaty - not to mention allow you to listen to must without jamming earbuds in your ears below a headband!! :)
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be from a running store? I have TONS of cute headbands from Target/Walmart/TJ Maxx/etc. that are fleece-lined and keep my ears toast when I run! Also, I highly recommend these: http://www.hammacher.com/Product/72714?source=CMPSHOP&cm_ven=FROOGLE
    They are simple, comfortable, and they don't slide off your hair when you get sweaty - not to mention allow you to listen to must without jamming earbuds in your ears below a headband!! :)

LOVE this! Can't wait to order one for myself!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Target or Kmart?