Is there an idiot’s guide to measuring??

Options
I don’t know what my problem is but I can’t get this measuring thing down! It seems like I must measure in a different spot or something every time! My numbers bounce back and forth like crazy and I just can’t seem get it lol. What do you guys do to help you measure consistently? Do you use a mark on your body to remember where the tape measure goes? I need something to help me get more consistent readings! Any tricks or tips are appreciated!

~ Jamie

Replies

• weightofyourskin
    Options
    I think I have the same problem because most of my measurements are the same (or down half an inch at the most!) after four months of healthy eating and exercising!
  • CChadd87
    CChadd87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I just know I measure at the smallest place on my waist, biggest place on the hips/calves/thighs. I just know where I measure on my upperarm because I hold one end in my mouth so if it feels wrong I change the spot, haha.
    If I ever do feel like I measured wrong, I readjust and it'll be closer to my last measurement, I know I corrected it.

http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/body-tape-measurements.html

Maybe try doing it in the mirror if you feel like you're wrong?
  • missmacknz
    Options
    I just know I measure at the smallest place on my waist, biggest place on the hips/calves/thighs. I just know where I measure on my upperarm because I hold one end in my mouth so if it feels wrong I change the spot, haha.
    If I ever do feel like I measured wrong, I readjust and it'll be closer to my last measurement, I know I corrected it.

http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/body-tape-measurements.html

Maybe try doing it in the mirror if you feel like you're wrong?

If I am not sure I use something like a freckle on my leg as the 'x marks the spot' to help. Or just do what the doctor does and pull as tight as I can hah! Or take three measurements and average them out if I am not sure but after some practice you generally know whre to put the tape measure each time and its important to keep it flat/level.