Goals to reach before Thanksgiving!!

Options
What is your goal to reach before Thanksgiving?? I know it's only three weeks away, but I am hoping to lose 5lbs before then!

Also, I would like to have major self control this Thanksgiving and not pig out like I usually do.

Replies

• tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Five pounds is my goal too! Then maybe three more in December. Good Luck
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    What is your goal to reach before Thanksgiving?? I know it's only three weeks away, but I am hoping to lose 5lbs before then!

Also, I would like to have major self control this Thanksgiving and not pig out like I usually do.

I will take what I can get!! Although, I look forward to enjoying Thanksgiving grub!! It's when the sun goes away I start to feel down & eat more. Best of luck with your goals!!
  • missmo248
    missmo248 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose ten pounds by Thanksgiving. So far, I have lost 1.6 pounds!
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love it when people post their goals on MFP. It helps get me motivated. I'm going to aim for 5lbs as well. Happy Thanksgiving all.
  • TYME4ME2CHANGE
    Options
    My true goal is to be faithful to "write what I bite" and to make wiser choices about what I bite.. I have a long way to go and I know I will only get there by being faithful and making right choices. It would be wonderful to lose 8 pounds by Thanksgiving...
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 5 lbs by then too!!! :happy:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've put on a few pounds over the last couple of weeks and would like to take them off. I always start Thanksgiving with a 10K run (turkey trot), so that usually keeps me from going over. :smile:
  • tgumeebee
    tgumeebee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am hoping for a 5-7 lbs loss by Thanksgiving....gonna give it my best effort :)
  • 2b2woods
    2b2woods Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started my "Thanksgiving Challenge" today with the help of a friend. My goal is to lose as much as I can. I will be seeing my boyfriends family for the first time since I started to lose weight and want to look even better! I just started exercising this morning too so I am hoping to see a good weight loss. Keep your fingers crossed.
  • occupyme
    occupyme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    From today--9lbs by Thanksgiving
  • 2b2woods
    2b2woods Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Like the "Sexy for Christmas" pic....that will be my next goal!
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10 lbs :)
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind dropping another 5lbs too. But I am training to run a 1/2 marathon in Jan, Right now I'm up to about 6 miles, so I'd like to get up to 8 miles by Thanksgiving!
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I just started my "Thanksgiving Challenge" today with the help of a friend. My goal is to lose as much as I can. I will be seeing my boyfriends family for the first time since I started to lose weight and want to look even better! I just started exercising this morning too so I am hoping to see a good weight loss. Keep your fingers crossed.

GOOD LUCK :happy:
  • ampuckett08
    ampuckett08 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the phrase "write what I bite". I have a BA in English and this was a nice little phrase to read today, so thank you.

Now as far as what my goal is to reach by Thanksgiving... I too would like to lose about 5 pounds. Hoping for 6 but I will take 5.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to drop below 150 by then. I'm at 151.6 so it should be doable, but I've only been losing about 1 lb a month for the past few months so I guess I'm going to have to kick it up a notch to meet it. Especially after this past weekend. I haven't weighed but I probably put a pound back on.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My goals to reach before thanksgiving.
    1. Do not steal kids candy of of candy boxes. I do not need or even really want it exept late at night.
    2. Stay dedicated to my workout schedule - No sleeping in!!!! when I should be working out
    3. Loose 4 or 5 pounds. This will put me around 155. Even with normal weight fluxes I will never see 160 again.

Really needed this today because I got up got ready to work out, actually started and then decided not to and went back to bed. How terrible is that.

Will not happen again tomorrow.
  • rsinor5
    Options
    8lbs before Thanksgiving!
  • mon696
    mon696 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    7 more pounds by Thanksgiving! I want to have a triple digit loss before I enjoy all the fixings!
  • anitam1987
    anitam1987 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 165 as of today.

Would be amazing to be around 162 lbs, so I guess 3 lbs by Thanksgiving? Do-able!