I didn't even recognize myself

Options
This past weekend I went shopping for an outfit for an upcoming wedding of a friend. I tried on dresses and pants and shirts. It was funny and surprising to me that I had to keep going back to the rack for a smaller size. I finally ended up in a pants size that is 5 sizes smaller than when I started. I also went from a mens XL shirt to a woman's petite medium shirt. I looked in the mirror with a great big smile and tears in my eyes. I didn't even recognize that I have lost so much weight and for the first time I thought I looked so pretty.

Replies

• jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Awesome job. Very inspiring.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! :)
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Aww very touching... the look in the mirror at the person we are creating with our hard work and dedication is a person that loves us enough to do the work and it's nice to recognize ourselves. So different than the old days of averting the eyes and going months without ever truly looking in a mirror, eh!
  • annetteslackmoehrle
    Options
    How wonderful! Keep up the great work :)
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats, what a wonderful feeling!!!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:
  • kolyn75
    kolyn75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! yay... keep up the good work.. I know that was a wonderful feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!