im new here!

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Amanda and im new to this website. I would like to make some friends so i wont have to do this alone. I started all this last week and its been rough. Im trying to cut soda completely but its sooo hard but on the plus side i switched to diet soda. Any suggestions on how to cut soda completely?

Replies

• exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    welcome! I started mixing fruit juice with club soda to kill the soda cravings. Seems to have worked. (occasionally, I'll have a coke zero)
  • Misk813
    Misk813 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome :)

Switching to diet is a start! A friend of mine drinks flavored seltzer water instead. I don't like the stuff but she she swears by it.

Good luck!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    crystal light
  • tberrycastle
    tberrycastle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was truly a soda addict! It wasn't easy giving it up, but I switched to flavored waters, including flavored sparkling waters (Available at Walmart, Safeway, Etc.) and, drank them from a soda cup with ice and straw. I also drink flavored teas. I haven't had a soda since January 23rd! I no longer miss my beloved Pepsi but it honestly took me at least a month to shake the habit. Good luck!
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda for diet green tea.. seems to help a little good luck and welcome aboard, this site is wonderful!
  • nvouvalis
    Options
    I second the flavored water, tea, and green tea approach. When I started college, ALL I WOULD DRINK was Pepsi. I thought tap water was gross, and I thought bottled water was expensive. I started dating a guy who had recently quit soda, and I could tell I was tempting him ordering Pepsi, so I decided to stop, too. Peer pressure to do good things is wonderful. So I would get green tea for the house, and I would order water with lots of lemon when I ate out.

Anyway, now I drink store brand purified water, because I still think tap water is gross, and I treat myself with one glass of sweet tea a day with dinner. And when I'm being super good, I have a glass of diet green tea instead. The key is just finding something you're willing to drink instead... you have to like it! Otherwise you'll be miserable!