Halloween candy

Options
Are you going to allow yourself any? What is a reasonable amount?

Replies

• bunny876
    bunny876 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I will let my toddler keep maybe about 20 pieces of candy for her to keep at the house and the rest will get packed up and sent to her preschool and daycare. Out of the candy she has left I may allow myself to eat 1 or 2 pieces, it really depends on how big and the calories. I read every label carefully and then debate if that little piece of candy is worth the calories.

Good luck!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i think i will pick out my favorite one and have one maybe two if i have enough caloires left...
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Already did.....a few times ;) I just added it into my food log. Life is too short to not eat candy on Halloween, or have a piece of cake on your birthday. That's just my opinion though :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    As long as your calories allow it, why not? Live a little! :D
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i get a jumbo bag of a mixture to hand out..we don't have any kids yet so i dont need to worry about it hanging around so i'm going to get one of each kind and set them aside for me and hopefully just eat them throughout the whole week and when its gone its gone oh well
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've already been in it. LOL Anything left over will be brought to work to share rather than left at home. If it's there, I'll eat it.
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,726 Member
    Options
    I'm with Carrie -
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I bought candy with the specific intent of eating it. But, I'm pregnant, haven't been gaining much weight (10-15 pounds over 32 weeks) and don't have gestational diabetes, so I give in to my cravings when I have them. A reasonable amount is probably 2-3 pieces, depending on what they are and how many calories you have to fit them in.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've had a few pieces, and I've counted them in my food diary already
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to have any this year...but that is just because I don't have children or get Trick or Treaters so no temptation! Now do I want to go buy a bag for myself to eat? Yes. Will I? Probably not. If anything I would rather just buy 1 regular candy bar so when it is done, I don't have any leftover.
  • rockytu
    rockytu Posts: 18
    Options
    no.dont need it.for the amount of carbs in one piece i could have a meal.be more satisfied
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I let my kids have a few pieces then we sell the rest to our denstist for 1 dollar a lb and a free tooth brush and also he ships it overseas to the soldiers!!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    OMG! I don't know what to do with the leftovers! I just ate 3 small candy bars. Ugh!
  • wannababyH
    Options
    I'm only going to have one piece. Total. I've promised myself I won't go back into that bucket in the days that follow.
  • wannababyH
    Options
    OMG! I don't know what to do with the leftovers! I just ate 3 small candy bars. Ugh!

Trash it! STAT!

:tongue:
  • cinditree
    cinditree Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person.. for me sugar is a problem once I have it in my body it's like the sugar asks for more sugar, so i stay completely away from it, It would be a stumbling block for me, but if it is not a problem for you enjoy in moderation :smile:
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'll have a few peices, it's Halloween!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I specifically bought candy that I myself don't like (Laffy Taffy and Smarties) so I am not left tempted!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Nope, none for me :D We purposefully bought candies we don't like so we won't eat any ;) Plus, My Chargers are playing tonight so that will keep me preoccupied for a while ;)
  • SandyCurrier
    Options
    nah, no candy here either, Im not a sweet eater anyway. and where I live they dont allow for the Trick or Treaters, can u believe that? but I wont miss it, besides, unless its SF couldnt eat it anyway...=)