Why can't I eat?

Options
Usually my problem is I can't say "no" to food. But since about Thursday every time I start eating something, I start feeling sick and I have to stop eating. I'm not hungry at all. I know it isn't healthy not to eat so I keep making healthy foods to eat, but just can't finish them. I'm not sick, and other than the food issue I feel perfectly fine. Has anybody else ever had this happen before!?

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    well when I started eating less and healthier greasy food and too much sugar and stuff can make me feel sick... Eat more fruit and veg... Find things you like that are good for you... Bake a potato, dry veggies, guacamole, peanut butter, pop corn... smoothies.. fat free cheese... low fat dairy.. There is sooo much you can eat :) just start looking around at the store.
    You can do this
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    well when I started eating less and healthier greasy food and too much sugar and stuff can make me feel sick... Eat more fruit and veg... Find things you like that are good for you... Bake a potato, dry veggies, guacamole, peanut butter, pop corn... smoothies.. fat free cheese... low fat dairy.. There is sooo much you can eat :) just start looking around at the store.
    You can do this

I'm not eating greasy food or sugars. That's the thing, I AM eating healthy food, baked chicken, baked turkey, egg whites, low fat cheese, yogurt, broccoli, etc. Just don't want food at all it's almost like I'm just sick of food
  • amymaria91
    Options
    I was like that for about a week, I developed a full blown fear of food. But eventually I just told myself I had to get over it and make myself eat.

Have you tried different foods? Different times of the day (long shot)? Is it really really bad or could you make yourself eat something?

Have you tried just plain bread, that shouldn't upset your tummy too much
  • BarbieHier
    Options
    Sounds like you may have a gallbladder problem. If you start having any upper abdominal pains, you might want to have it checked out. Try taking digestive enzymes too, it helps to break down the food and will help you feel better and help your appetite. (This helped me with the same problem).

Hope you feel better!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    hmm sounds all mental to me.. Perhaps fear of gain or just boredom with food.. Experiment with new recipes and such and remind yourself often.. Make a mantra if you need to... "I need food. Food keeps me healthy. This is good for me."
    Sorry I at first misunderstood... Keep trying hon.
  • nagaisgich
    Options
    Definitely you need to rule out physical causes. There may be a few conditions that could cause it. It could possibly be psychological too but in the case of our bodies, it is far better to check out with your doctor. It's doubtful its' "all mental".
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That sounds very much like me with acid reflux. Any time I get extra stressed I get reflux and in me it shows up as nausea. A week of prescription reflux meds and I'm back to normal.
    Definitely check with a doctor. You need to be able to eat.
  • allie_may
    allie_may Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It might be worth a visit to the doctor. I was ill every time I ate, never felt hungry, to the point where I would forget to eat. I finally caved after a few months and went to the doctor - turns out there was a medical reason behind it all. Medication and a changed diet fixed me right up.

I was eating healthy foods before, but I need to be a specialized diet. Sometimes healthy foods just aren't enough.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm usually like that a week after my period. If it's been going on for a while, check in with a doctor.
  • nibblerbigcat
    Options
    Your body is telling you that it doesn't want food. It's perfectly okay not to eat if you feel this way. Don't force yourself to eat if you're not hungry. If this continues for a week, then you might want to see a doctor.