HELLO!

Options
Hello. My I am new to MFP. This website is amazing!!! I am looking forward to my journey of NOT having to write everything down all the time and keeping a paper journal!

Replies

• snoozen29
    snoozen29 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hello. My I am new to MFP. This website is amazing!!! I am looking forward to my journey of NOT having to write everything down all the time and keeping a paper journal!
  • jomane81
    jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amen! :) and Good luck!:bigsmile:
  • becomingv
    Options
    Hi. I'm V and I'm new as well. Ditto that. No pen and paper. Funny how we're willing to type in this computer generation but ask us to pick up a pencil.... NEVER! :smile:
  • snoozen29
    Options
    agreed!! But at least this way we can do a quick search for food and the calories and such just appear, its like magic!! No silly book to tell you how to make calculations yourself!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is a lot of support on this site as well.
  • snoozen29
    Options
    I am seeing that!! That is awesome! I think that is what I need. If I feel like cheating I can blab it on here and I am seeing already that responses come so quickly, I am sure someone would talk me out of it! LOL
  • DonzGirl
    DonzGirl Posts: 42
    Options
    plus, if you're like most of us...you eat much of the same things making it even easier to record. If you want fast results, try the ZONE PERFECT NUTRITION BARS (great for morning with coffee and a piece of fruit) and, my husband eats 1/4 of bar for snacks at diff. times per day....Both of us have lost about 30-35 pounds each since Jan 8 without starving ourselves and even with a few 'fat days' eating junk. The ZONE PERFECT FRUITIFIED are wonderful also....Banana Nut!!! I esp. love the double dark choc. bars. CHEAPEST at Target but Wal Mart carries them also.
  • DonzGirl
    DonzGirl Posts: 42
    Options
    If you want to join a team...go to message boards....motivation and support and look for our group ITSY BITTY TEENIE WEENIE YELLOW POLKA DOT BIKINI TEAM.....we weigh and report every sunday...last sunday was our first weigh-in. so come join us!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker: