What do you all do when....

Options
KZOsMommy
KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
you just can't stop eating? I am just having one of those days. Should I work out more or just call it a bad day?

Thanks for the help!
AManda

Replies

• KZOsMommy
    Options
    you just can't stop eating? I am just having one of those days. Should I work out more or just call it a bad day?

Thanks for the help!
    AManda
  • skuzie1986
    Options
    Drink lots of water to stop the hunger feeling and then do some exercise, if you haven't really eaten that much over your alloted calories then maybe you shouldn't worry, I suppose it depends on if that would make you feel crappy tomorrow. Do what is best for your long-term goal!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    and try to avoid the places and activities where you eat/snack.

do something new--go for a 15min drive, color a picture, go to a park and swing

sometimes a change of scenery and activity can shake off the hunger
    i know days like that are hard...you've accomplished so much, don't turn back now. :flowerforyou:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    i make sure that if i HAVE to eat i choose healthy options, fruit, celery with laughing cow or peanut butter, hard boiled eggs..especially something with protein and fiber, they help fill you up more to stop the potential binge...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have those days too.

Can you paint your nails?
    Hard to eat with wet nails.
    Then repaint.
    And paint again.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Thanks for the help!
    AManda

call it a bad day? already?
    snap out of it
    go for a walk...do some push ups or sit ups...

gee wiz....dont be a quitter
    get up and mOVE
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i am with you, i am just bored and have nothing to do
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I'm usually able to distract myself. Play the guitar, walk the dog, go fool around in the garage, try to seduce the ol' lady.

Try to think of something that you enjoy doing that involves both hands.

And if that don't work - make a salad. I mean a kickin' salad, with wierd stuff. Olives,,, and head cheese, maybe a sprinkle of Paprika. The opening/unwrapping/chopping/tossing is therapy. You may not even want it when you're done. Hehehe :blushing:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

Thanks for the help!
    AManda

call it a bad day? already?
    snap out of it
    go for a walk...do some push ups or sit ups...

gee wiz....dont be a quitter
    get up and mOVE

hahahaha, damn man. Were you a drill sergeant in a former life? That was rough. Awesome.
    You just motivated me to get off my office chair and do some pushups. THanks man.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes when I'm bored - I tend to eat simply because I'm bored. Sometimes if I drink something like a fruit, vanilla, etc. tea (iced or hot) without sweetener this tends to take away any random cravings that I might have. And if the tea is a flavored one (like peach tea, for example), you don't have to sweeten it and it's zero calories!

Also, sometimes I brush my teeth when I want to eat. Most people don't want to eat right after they've brushed their teeth!

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • rower45
    rower45 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like Dave the Drill Sergents reply ....... slight modification here

if we give ourselves just a bit of slack that we had a bad day, its easier to get back on track.

That said, exercise does it for me. I feel better when I exercise so then I only want to eat when I am hungry.

Kick boxing tape?

Nancy
  • DebbieDuffy31
    Options
    Eat all you want.... celery, carrots, cucumbers.... that stuff and not the crappy stuff!:smile:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I like Dave the Drill Sergents reply ....... slight modification here

if we give ourselves just a bit of slack that we had a bad day, its easier to get back on track.

That said, exercise does it for me. I feel better when I exercise so then I only want to eat when I am hungry.

Kick boxing tape?

Nancy

My wife is like that, she gives up way to easily. Then I give her some support and that just seems to make it worse.

Not me, I like a kick in the *kitten*. I like the pain. Pain is my friend. Me and Pain hang out on a regular basis. Matter of fact, I'm meeting Pain at the gym tonight. Put that Pain in a headlock. Pain is GOING DOWN!!!

I dunno, thats my approach.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yea, find another activity - work-out, read, take a walk, cross-stitch, ANYthing!
  • vixi76
    vixi76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I log all the food I'm going to eat right in the morning. I make sure I'll get all my protein and fiber and don't go too far over my calories. If I want to eat more, I exercise more. I find that I eat all day long to get all my calories in. Eating all day isn't a problem as long as you eat the right foods.
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Thank you for all the help! I did eat a lot for lunch (healthy but a lot) and felt bad. I worked out for an hour to help. I am no longer hungry and having a hard time wanting to eat dinner. I think I am going to stick to just a couple of egg whites and lots of veggies since I don't want to go with out eating anything.

Thank you again :flowerforyou:
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Chew gum and find something to do to distract yourself.

126046.png
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I just exercise a little more.....skipping rope is a huge calorie burner, i'm having a "junk food" day today, and I don't care :laugh: , I make sure I have in enough exercise to cover my *kitten* and I don't do it often, so on days like today.....I can just indulge if that's what I feel like doing.
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    It is nice to know I am not the only one :wink: I do not have days like this very often either. Most days I have to force myself to eat to get 1200 calories. Maybe I am making up for that lol. It ok tomorrow is a new day :flowerforyou:
  • hiest26
    hiest26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of romaine lettuce and sugar free jell-o snacks are amazing...only 10 calories and no carbs.