Frustrated

Options
Hi all my wife and i have been using this system for about 1 month now and on the first weigh in we both lost 3lb.

We keep religiously to the plan and do a little exercise but as we both have Spondylitis we cannot do much but get just a little walking per day.

The problem we have is that now after the initial weight loss we have stayed at the same weight.

We are both in our 60`s and in pretty good health all considered.

Can anyone give us some idea what we are doing wrong??

Regards

Ken

Replies

• Sam22pope
    Sam22pope Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That happens to all of us. I changed my little thing to try to get the body up and moving. You might want to try different foods, or even little more wlk. i think my body get used to my little walk and thinks it part of our schedule not as excerise. Good luck
  • tchmrsd
    tchmrsd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep at it...It just takes awhile. The more exercise you CAn get in the faster it will go. If you really want to lose, and you don't exercise, it will take a little longer . Exercise boosts metabolism. Walking is great!
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi all my wife and i have been using this system for about 1 month now and on the first weigh in we both lost 3lb.

We keep religiously to the plan and do a little exercise but as we both have Spondylitis we cannot do much but get just a little walking per day.

The problem we have is that now after the initial weight loss we have stayed at the same weight.

We are both in our 60`s and in pretty good health all considered.

Can anyone give us some idea what we are doing wrong??

Regards

Ken

i know this could sound dumb, but is your scale in working order? batteries? old, inaccurate?

also, something i hear a lot about is water consumpation, where do you stand with that?
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Didn't gain it in a week... won't get rid of it that quick either. :smile: You said you both have stayed the same weight... that's better than gaining. You didn't mention if you had measured... Sometimes our clothes are better indicators of how we are doing. Keep at it! Here's to a Healthier Life! :drinker:
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about making your diary public, so we can see what you're doing?
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Also, what is your food intake like for a day?
  • Ad_874
    Ad_874 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your body may be bored with what your doing and has gotten used to it as someone else said. It may be take a longer walk or do something different. Have you heard of Leslie Sansone? Her walk workouts are great and not hardcore since I know you may feel limited. If you have Brighthouse as a cable provider they have some of her walk workouts on their Sports and Fitness on demand section. Otherwise you can watch them on http://youtu.be/G8b4P57jNsQ or http://www.walkathome.com/
  • Kencando
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, oh so fast so thanks a lot for that. I must point out that i am not in the US but the UK.

The walking that we do is about all we can take as other problems will occur so cannot afford to take that risk.

Our food intake is all fresh fruit and veg` with average meat and fish portions and we both drink ample amounts of fluids, mainly water and no alcohol.

In the last 10 years and up to about 4 years ago i lost 6 stone by attending "Slimming World" not sure if you have heard of that in the US.

We will try to change the type of foods that we have been eating which will not be easy but will give it a go.

Regards

Ken