30 Day Shred in 10 weeks???

Options
I'm a runner... or at least I like running... if for nothing else than the great calorie burn you get relative to the time investment...

That being said, I want to do the 30 Day Shred. I've started it several times, but have never finished it.

I am a full-time working mother of 2 young children. My husband travels for work more than he is home, so I am often on my own in terms taking care of the kids and general household responsibilities and the reality is that I have a very limited time in which I can workout...

Because my workout priorty is to run 20-25 miles/week , I do not have the time to commit to do the 30 Day Shred for 30 consecutive days... instead, I've decided to goal myself at 3 times per week. This seems both doable and challenging at the same time since I will continue to run 4-5 days a week as well.

Most of the 30 DS groups that are posted are with the ultimate goal of finishing in 30 days... is there anyone else out there interested in doing it over a longer timeframe?

If we start this week we will finish the 1st week of January... seems like a good way to kick off the new year... celebrating an accomplishment...

Let me know if you are interested.... an be sure to get your starting weight as well as starting measurements (I will post mine tonight).

Replies

• Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Im with you on this!

For me work & school usually get in the way of me doing it daily. 3 days per week seems great to me :)
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would be interested. I have an infant and I'm a single mom, so my time is limited as well.
  • TinyTina2012
    Options
    I would be interested! I have been meaning to start, but keep putting it off. I think joining a group will make me more accountable. :)

I'm also running (well trying to... I'm on week 6 of C25K) and would like to alternate 30DS with C25K. :)
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    great!! so excited to find people to do this with me!
  • ktbear27
    ktbear27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! The same thing would happen to me . . . I would get started, do about 4 days in a row, and then not have time to keep it up every day. Hopefully we can motivate each other!!
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I am on Day 5 of doing the 30 D. Shred. I did it 4x last week and started again today. My goal is to do it at least 4x a week ~
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Just checking to see if anyone else is interested. I started this thread much earlier in the day... wondering if there are any other like minded people that log on in the evening rather than over their lunch hour :smile:
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Hey there shredding partners... how's the challenge going?

I unfortunatley have not had a chance to get started yet... busy beginning of the week and then I seem to have injured my let in such a way that running and jumping are essentially impossible. I'm going to take a full week off from both running and shredding and hope that it heals.... in the meantime I hope you all are managing to get your 3 workouts in this week... and if not, you can start again with me next week :)