Drop 20lbs by Christmas?

Options
2»

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Even really fat people would have a hard time losing 20 lbs in 7 weeks. And you are not fat. You are very skinny. You are very beautiful now, but I think you would be better off gaining 5 than losing 20. My fiance is 5'11" and her lowest weight ever was 130 and she looked way too skinny. I think she looks fantastic at 160 and wouldn't be as attracted to he if she dropped below 150. Ask any man on this site - fit is sexy, skinny/bony is not.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Even really fat people would have a hard time losing 20 lbs in 7 weeks. And you are not fat. You are very skinny. You are very beautiful now, but I think you would be better off gaining 5 than losing 20. My fiance is 5'11" and her lowest weight ever was 130 and she looked way too skinny. I think she looks fantastic at 160 and wouldn't be as attracted to he if she dropped below 150. Ask any man on this site - fit is sexy, skinny/bony is not.

Agreed, the amount of muscle you would have to lose to go down 20 lbs would be detrimental to the system. Less muscle means a slower metabolism, less controll over insulin and a great chance to get to an ED.

And 20 lbs for anyone to lose over 8 weeks will be very tough, especially if you want to retain muscle mass. I am not saying it can't be done and I will defnitely join this thread to lose weight before xmas, but in terms of everyones safety, we should set more realistic goals, like 10 lbs by xmas.
  • JennKuhn
    Options
    Sign me up! I need help with accountability and motivation for sure!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Jennylovee
    Jennylovee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll join!!
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would love to try let's do this!!!!!
  • Febes24
    Febes24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wanna join pleaseeeee
    Im ready to hit 65 pounds lost
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WOW I would love to join as well as be able to achieve that goal! I have been stuck on a plateau for a few weeks now… I would love to be able to break thru it and to lose 20lbs would be remarkable!!! :tongue:
    Adding you as a “friend”…..
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    me!!! Not really shooting for 20, I think that may be too much... but accountability would be great!! I'm shooting for 10-15max.
  • mawahlst
    Options
    I would love to! I'm studying abroad, and feeling pretty lousy with my eating habits.
  • LifestyleJourney
    LifestyleJourney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I have very similar goal! I want to lose about 25lbs by Christmas!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options

Agreed, the amount of muscle you would have to lose to go down 20 lbs would be detrimental to the system. Less muscle means a slower metabolism, less controll over insulin and a great chance to get to an ED.

And 20 lbs for anyone to lose over 8 weeks will be very tough, especially if you want to retain muscle mass. I am not saying it can't be done and I will defnitely join this thread to lose weight before xmas, but in terms of everyones safety, we should set more realistic goals, like 10 lbs by xmas.

actually if you guys go to different sites and read and talk to a dr. that specializes in weight loss...as long as your doing it right by a good healthy diet, exercise for cardio, and some weight training for muscle and toning well then it is very possible and depending on your weight very healthy. like me i started off at 232 and in my first week i lost 6 lbs...went to my dr. and a second because i thought he was crazy when he said it was ok. but after reading different peoples stories, different studies, and some listening from now 2 dr.'s i have learned as long as i am happy, not tired all the time, my hair doesn't fall our, my teeth don't become brittle and weak, dont get light headed or winded, or any of the other warning signs of malnutrition or over working yourself well then your body can handle it. is it right for everyone?? no but nothing ever is right for everyone. does the women that made this in my opinion need to lose 20 lbs??? no but i have also been told that i could go as low as 107 and be in a "healthy weight" zone....but i also think that would be wayyyy to skinny for me. to each their own i guess

oh and in terms of everyone safety...the thread is about 15-20 lbs by x-mas...which is 8 weeks away which also if you read you would know that the standard for "healthy weight loss" is .5-2 lbs a week...which at its "max" would give you 16 lbs....so yeah this thread is still healthy.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

actually if you guys go to different sites and read and talk to a dr. that specializes in weight loss...as long as your doing it right by a good healthy diet, exercise for cardio, and some weight training for muscle and toning well then it is very possible and depending on your weight very healthy. like me i started off at 232 and in my first week i lost 6 lbs...went to my dr. and a second because i thought he was crazy when he said it was ok. but after reading different peoples stories, different studies, and some listening from now 2 dr.'s i have learned as long as i am happy, not tired all the time, my hair doesn't fall our, my teeth don't become brittle and weak, dont get light headed or winded, or any of the other warning signs of malnutrition or over working yourself well then your body can handle it. is it right for everyone?? no but nothing ever is right for everyone. does the women that made this in my opinion need to lose 20 lbs??? no but i have also been told that i could go as low as 107 and be in a "healthy weight" zone....but i also think that would be wayyyy to skinny for me. to each their own i guess

oh and in terms of everyone safety...the thread is about 15-20 lbs by x-mas...which is 8 weeks away which also if you read you would know that the standard for "healthy weight loss" is .5-2 lbs a week...which at its "max" would give you 16 lbs....so yeah this thread is still healthy.

oh trust me, for a select few, this is perfectly fine but for many others, it wil de difficult. My statement was really directed at the OP which wants to be 107 @ 5'10" which by any standard would be unhealthy (then the amount of muscle loss comment). Either way, I won't impose or crap on others parade anymore but I do with the best for all and hopefully it's done in ahealthy manner. Below is a weight and height chart for reference.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm
  • bluegem87
    bluegem87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'M IN :)
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am SO IN!

=]
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    so how is everyone doing on this challenge? we are almost 1/2 way there...is the scale reflecting that for you? mine is getting there...i was 190 at the start of this and right now i stand at about 185 so about 2.5 more pounds this month and another 7.5 by then next month and i will make it:) hope your all doing well also!