Just a little bit of success! ♥

I've always been a big girl, well bigger than all the other girls anyway, it really runs in the family. My grandmother was big, my mother was big, my aunts are all big. It wasn't until I was 16 though and my grandmother died that I started to balloon up. By the time I went to college my senior year I was already 270lbs.

I would exercise and diet, take diet pills, etc. Lose some weight give up and gain it all back. Every diet imaginable I tried it.

I have PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndome) and my husband and I have been trying for a baby for 4 years now. Last year we decided to make a change. I lost about 30lbs in 8 months working out 6 days a week, 3 days with a trainer. We could not understand WHY things were not going well. I stopped paying for a trainer, since it wasn't doing any real good, and than that ended up stopping the gym, and well stopped eating right. I gained 27lbs back.. putting me back up to 297!

Finally I had my thyroid tested again ( i had yearly tests before) as part of TTC and found that I have a slightly elevated hormone level which solved everything. After 6 months of treatment finding the right level of Synthroid, I take only a small dose in the morning (62mcg) and the weight started coming off.. with low carb eating and exercise...

I had surgery and gained some weight in September putting me back at 287 .. but towards the end of Sept. started working back out and eating right.. and today I weight 268.8 !! 20lbs in 6 weeks! From Size 26W to my regular 22's today!

Honestly, I could not have done it without my AMAZING MFP friends.. who are here everyday to encourage, support and motivate me to be the best I can be.

So here is my FIRST body shot picture..

297lbs

314fbpx.jpg

268.8 (sorry I always wear a hoodie, so I had to bunch it up to take a pic)

5xu6j6.jpg

Replies

• congratulations on your success
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    well done! you can really see the difference! hope everything works out for you! keep up the good work!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Congrats, you can do it!
  • That is great!!! Keep it up, it's so easy to fall off the wagon but just keep reminding yourself how great it feels. Good job girl :)
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    I see the difference, you look great and your title should read "a lot of success" not a little bit of success!!!

Good for you!!
  • Way to go! Keep up the good work! It is really showing!
  • emoody74
    emoody74 Posts: 1 Member
    I have literally been in your shoes ALL MY LIFE!
    Did all the things you did and do... My husband and i got married in 1996... wanted a baby and tried EVERYTHING! Fertility and all... the only thing we didn't do was Invitro... but in 2006 after we have made peace with not having children... we found out we were pregnant!!! I had been dieting and had lost about 65 pounds... was weighing about 235 when we got pregnant and today we have a four year old that is the light of our lives! So don't give up... after 11 years of marriage... we were blessed with our little one!
    I hope everything works out for you and congratulations on your loss.... don't give up, my little one is proof - its worth it!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    you go girl!!!!!! so proud of you!!!!

I have no doubt in my mind that you will get where you want to be...look how far you have gotten so far!!!

<3
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    Honey you have done amazing!! Little...it is huge because you decided to make a difference for yourself and thats BIG and Amazing!! Keep up the Great work!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Thanks everyone! I"m super excited for this milestone..
  • congrats! I can see the different in your mid-section! Keep it up!
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    congrats not only on the weight loss, but in being pro-active and not giving up!!! You are doing great!!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    GO GIRLIE....VERY PROUD OF YOU.....i have pcos too and i weighed today after my cycle ended yesterday and im back down to 204.....a total of 28 since april......6 months and its been he-double l but its worth it....im changing my life...and you are too..keep it up=)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!