Shame on me...

Options
I held a staff meeting today, and as always, provided snacks for myself. I purposely bought Chocolate Chip cookies because I don't really like them that much- I know, I know, I'm crazy. But, I also bought jelly beans- thought they'd be cute and appropriate given that Easter is this weekend. I was proud that I chose jelly beans over chocolate Easter candies (yes, it's pretty sad that my whole staff apparently has to eat according to my calorie count for the day:laugh: )... until I reached for the jelly beans about 3 times during the meeting, and THEN looked at the nutrition information and realized I just had a 200 calorie snack:noway: . I know they're pure sugar, and I have a pretty good grip on the amount of calories in foods, but didn't expect the calorie count to be that high. Guess I should have gone with the chocolate- I probably would have eaten less of them. I would have rather had almost anything than "waste" 200 calories on jelly beans... grrrr....:grumble:

Just had to get that out there- thanks for the chance to vent!

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I held a staff meeting today, and as always, provided snacks for myself. I purposely bought Chocolate Chip cookies because I don't really like them that much- I know, I know, I'm crazy. But, I also bought jelly beans- thought they'd be cute and appropriate given that Easter is this weekend. I was proud that I chose jelly beans over chocolate Easter candies (yes, it's pretty sad that my whole staff apparently has to eat according to my calorie count for the day:laugh: )... until I reached for the jelly beans about 3 times during the meeting, and THEN looked at the nutrition information and realized I just had a 200 calorie snack:noway: . I know they're pure sugar, and I have a pretty good grip on the amount of calories in foods, but didn't expect the calorie count to be that high. Guess I should have gone with the chocolate- I probably would have eaten less of them. I would have rather had almost anything than "waste" 200 calories on jelly beans... grrrr....:grumble:

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

:laugh: I did the same thing the other day with sweedish berries, I will now never eat another one again!
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    Wooh, baby, I did the same thing with coffee this morning.
    I had SIX cups, with a ton of creamer. Plus, I'm staying at my aunt's house, and she has no Splenda, so I used regular sugar.
    I spent about 500 calories just on coffee.
    And then had a whole TON of cereal, and used, like, 600 calories there with the milk.
    I'm not doing well today.
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    I didn't do well the other day- we went to NYC for the day. But I figure all the walking helped (walked for about 5 hours!!) That day was ok because I KNEW it was going to be a rough day as far as calories go. Today, though I was so mad at myself because it was a total accident, and I'm SO hungry :grumble: If I'm going to go over, I at least want it to be on something I really like!
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 66
    Options
    my colleague brought a bottle of cadburry's chocolate with walnut and i just couldnt resist it... she offered! :sad: i took 3.
  • saran
    saran Posts: 13
    Options
    Shake it off. I knew better than to bring home peanut M & M's from the store over the weekend. Needless to say, they are gone. You'll get back on track.
  • CKrasniqi
    Options
    I ate an entire bag of taco salad. I thought a salad was a good choice but I guess the extra fixins that come with the bag salad make it a really high calroie salad. I ruined the day by going over my calories by 773!
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Must be a full moon or something... seems like there are a lot of people having a tough time today :grumble:

Maybe it's all the RAIN :angry: we've been dealing with here in New England for the last few days?
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Seems to be an epidemic. Yesterday I got home from work and my stay-at-home boyfriend (we made a deal if he isn't working he should clean & cook)... WELL he was sleeping ... (as he is doing tonight) I thought I'd just have a snack until he wakes up and then if he doesn't figure out a meal... well... after a snack of 4 graham crackers and Philadelphia Ready to go Cheesecake filling... and a snack size bag of baked cheetos... I was over my calories by 136!!! WTH???? Today I only had two graham crackers / no baked cheetos and now only have 200 calories for dinner & bf is still sleeping.