WARNING: DON'T DO IT!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!

Options
Hey, i just wanted to put this warning out to those of you who are like me. Those of you who have reached some of your goals, looked great for that special occasion, devoted 100% of yourself to making yourself healthier and sexier and proving that yes, you could actually do it. Here's the warning: Don't stop. No matter how busy you get, or how good you look, or how much you just want to enjoy your new weightloss. Don't make excuses. Don't put off the gym, or getting to the health food store. Put in the extra effort to maintain everything you have gained since you started this journey.
Don't be like me. Don't let life get in the way, and go six months without working out. And 3 months of eating like crap. And +15 pounds later, about half the weight i lost.. is back. And my clothes don't fit. And I don't want to look in the mirror. And the worst part... getting started back up again.. is harder. I got on the elliptical today, and i was tired after 15 minutes... of a lower level i'd previously been doing when i stopped the elliptical and moved on to running on the treadmill. Which is what I was doing before I :::almost::: completed the Insanity workouts. I was doing Insanity, and now I barely made it 30 minutes on the elliptical.
SO DON'T DO IT. GIVE IT YOUR BEST. if your best means you go down from working out 6 days a week to 3 days a week, just do it! If it means walking for an hour 3 days a week, to going down to half an hour 3 days a week... just keep doing it!!! because after 6 months of nothing... starting up again is the hardest part. So that's my warning.... do what you need to do, and keep doin it... No excuses. Don't say i didn't warn ya.

Replies

• erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well said :)
  • hjohns65
    hjohns65 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    thanks for the friendly reminder of how easy and convienent it is to get "fat" again...ugh! you are absolutely right though, i haven't been to the gym since last tuesday, been sick with pneum, and i am completely dreading it right now, i seriously don't want 4 pm to come!!!!!! :/
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Thats, why it is best, to weigh yourself a lot to stay on top.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I actually really needed this today. Thanks!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning!

I have recently been there, too. I had a regain of 20-ish pound because "life got in the way".

Now I've recommitted to this being an actual lifestyle change, since apparently I was only half-serious about that part before. This is something that I will have to work hard at for the rest of my life.

And it will be worth it!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I soooo needed this kick in the butt, today....THANK YOU..!!!!......... :flowerforyou:
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hey, i just wanted to put this warning out to those of you who are like me. Those of you who have reached some of your goals, looked great for that special occasion, devoted 100% of yourself to making yourself healthier and sexier and proving that yes, you could actually do it. Here's the warning: Don't stop. No matter how busy you get, or how good you look, or how much you just want to enjoy your new weightloss. Don't make excuses. Don't put off the gym, or getting to the health food store. Put in the extra effort to maintain everything you have gained since you started this journey.
    Don't be like me. Don't let life get in the way, and go six months without working out. And 3 months of eating like crap. And +15 pounds later, about half the weight i lost.. is back. And my clothes don't fit. And I don't want to look in the mirror. And the worst part... getting started back up again.. is harder. I got on the elliptical today, and i was tired after 15 minutes... of a lower level i'd previously been doing when i stopped the elliptical and moved on to running on the treadmill. Which is what I was doing before I :::almost::: completed the Insanity workouts. I was doing Insanity, and now I barely made it 30 minutes on the elliptical.
    SO DON'T DO IT. GIVE IT YOUR BEST. if your best means you go down from working out 6 days a week to 3 days a week, just

do it! If it means walking for an hour 3 days a week, to going down to half an hour 3 days a week... just keep doing it!!! because after 6 months of nothing... starting up again is the hardest part. So that's my warning.... do what you need to do, and keep doin it... No excuses. Don't say i didn't warn ya.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I've needed to read this 2 times in the past 10 years. This is the 3rd and FINAL time I will lose this weight. The first time I put it back on I was disgusted with myself. The 2nd even worse...........but a 3rd time - this has to be it. I'm going to remember your words and make sure I keep on top of it for the rest of my life. Best of luck to you.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I agree ! Thanks for the reminder
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    great message.

sounds like you had a nasty visit from the complacency creep. good thing that you kicked the creep to the curb before he took back all of the hard work you previously put in. The creep did take back a chunk of that hard work, but glad to hear you're back on track.

EFF YOU COMPLACENCY CREEP!!! YOU WILL NOT TAKE ME!!!
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A-MEN! I just got going once more after having backslid about 7 lbs over the past few months. Excuses, excuses, but I quit even going for a short walk every day. WAAAAY too easy to fall back into the slothful habits I used to have. I've been working to get back on track for the past several days, so this post is just right on for me!
  • onebeer
    onebeer Posts: 36
    Options
    Warning was too late :)

Have stuck 8lbs back on, since August, having maintained a 'happy weight' for about 18 months. Fitness not an issue as can still train to the level I was, just falling back into bad habits (mainly lager based!).

Snapping back into it having crept back over the 200lb mark over the weekend - dont want to be there again.

Here goes....
  • ydeleon
    ydeleon Posts: 81
    Options
    Sooo true....it can be so easy to rest on your laurels!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I liked your post. And, it will be even more amazing to read about your triumphs as you move back into a permanently-healthful lifestyle.

Good for you - because, too, you are NEVER TOO OLD to get it RIGHT!!

:)
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!