Bra question?

Options
Um.. Am I posting this in the right place?

Anyway, I am.. blessed I guess? But the problem is whenever I try to exercise I hurt my chest (especially jumping jacks). I wear about 2 sports bras (sometimes 3), but whenever I run, jump, my chest hurts. Help?

Replies

• elizabethdear95
    Options
    I am ...Ahem...well endowed as well. I tend to use champion sports bras. I wear 1 or 2 and they work pretty good.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, I know the feeling. Double up on bras - it seems to work best
  • tbrooke2000
    tbrooke2000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ditto on Champion bras... I swear by them!
  • toonarmytaylor1
    Options
    Hi
    Panache have just launched a new sports bra.It is fantastic.Doesnt squash you like the others do.It starts at cup sizes D to H.
    They retail at £36.00 and are well worth the money.Hope this is of some help.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it depends on the bra you get - I'm another, erm, 'well endowed' individual abd I had to spend about £35 to get a decent sports bra - and believe me, there was a difference. I'd recommend the brand casalli? They're not cheap but I can honestly say they're worth the money, mine are indispensible!
  • annie9696
    Options
    You don't have to wear more than one bra...just get the right one. Try the ones by the brand Moving Comfort. These will keep the girls locked and loaded even when running. They can be a little pricey, but well worth it...I promise.

http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Maia-Black/dp/B001B1RQ72/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320095491&sr=8-1
  • brandyk2011
    Options
    Hi there. :)

Champion Sports bras with the underwire (very active for runners) works awesome! I won't switch to any other.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Minimizer bra, then a sports bra, then a compression tank from old navy.

Having a large chest is great a lot of the time, but during plyo it is not great.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    If you're using one that you can stretch out to pull over your head that's your problem. If it stretches out to fit over your head it isn't going to stay compressed when gravity is making itself known. :) I have one that zips up the front that works amazingly well! I can do jumping jacks, taekwondo and run without any injury or discomfort (to that area anyway!) Make sure you find one that says "High Impact" as it will hold things tighter than low or mid impact. Try them on and jump up and down in the dressing room!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm now in a J--and I use size DD champion sports bras--with another sports bra on the outside. Works like a charm. Also be sure to keep your core strong and you'll avoid back issues from their weight.
  • cmbrysonussery
    cmbrysonussery Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love my bras from when I was horse back riding (jumping fences). I get them at Horsetown, brand called Karrots. They seriously support the ladies. (Flattens them more than a bit since it helps to be flatter when wearing the hunt seat get up, but definitely keeps them from bouncing and hurting!~)
  • aemh
    aemh Posts: 5
    Options
    I have one that zips up the front that works amazingly well!

Where did you find one? I've been looking for front-fasten sports bras but haven't been able to find any.
  • jb2323player
    Options
    Ty maybe that will help as I have the same problem
  • sexychick76
    sexychick76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i wish mine wld just disappear x
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I am an H, and I just wear my demi, underwire bra from lane bryant. Any other bra doesn't work and makes me hurt later on, but for some reason, the support in the demi is awesome. I hate having to wear a good bra to workout in though.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I second Moving Comfort. They keep the girls locked and loaded when I'm running.
  • kadeeprice
    Options
    I have always play high impact/ intensity sports even when I was a 36DD bordering a larger size. Two sports bras is too hot and too much trouble. Check out the BOUNCE section at www.TitleNine.com I was so glad when my husband found this site. It has a whole range of bras. One of these should work for you. Like other people have said, good bras cost money but they sure are worth it! If you find something you like on the website, try zappos.com to see if they have it. Free shipping both ways! I like the moving comfort brand particularly the marvel style on title nine website (moving comfort calls it Helena I think). Hope that helps!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you guys walk around with those things. (Just kidding.) If we "men" had to walk around with those they would drag the ground. We would not take the time to find a bra to fit.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I try to tell my fiance that my hands are way stronger and more supportive than any sports bra...she doesn't listen to me though...
  • alliefairy
    alliefairy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendation for Moving Comfort. Pricey but well worth the investment--I wear them when I run and am totally comfortable.