Hi

Options
Just wanted to say Hi. Just joined today. A friend recommened the site. I like what I see so far. I have a lot of weight to lose. Hopefully this site will give the support and tools I need.

Replies

• quadluvnfmly
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi. Just joined today. A friend recommened the site. I like what I see so far. I have a lot of weight to lose. Hopefully this site will give the support and tools I need.
  • dliebel
    dliebel Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome aboard, I am sure you will love this site. I am new to this site for about 3weeks and I love it.
  • Sparkle523
    Options
    I just joined recently as well and its like I find something new on here every day!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • quadluvnfmly
    Options
    Hey thanks for the information on the website. Also I am going to try putting the food in before I eat it. THA NKS A BUNCH
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • quadluvnfmly
    Options
    :happy: Thanks everyone. :happy:
  • evahrose
    evahrose Posts: 2
    Options
    hello
    evahrose here ...I have been doing well with weight watchers. Almost 20 lbs lost in 3 weeks. Joined tis site to get more information about nutritional values of the food as I am counting Points. This is the best sight I have found yet that gives all the values of the food from calories to fiber, sugar, etc.
  • gailyounghusband
    Options
    Hi, I've been working at my weightloss for a week now and surprisingly enough I've done pretty good. Easter is coming with a large family dinner on Friday and I'm going to try and not go for those seconds that everyone seems to go for.
  • evahrose
    evahrose Posts: 2
    Options
    Thats Great No Big Dinners Here Oh another trick if you have a cell phone set it to start going of every 3 hours while you are awake to be sure you eat at least 5 times a day small meals.. I found that prior to a would Only eat when I was Starving then eat something like a whole stack of crackers.

I wasnt eating enought but eating all the wrong things!:happy:
  • gailyounghusband
    Options
    Hi, I've done the weight watchers program in the past and lost 20-25 pounds but ended up putting it back on within 2 years. Prior to that I did the Nutri System and another 25 pounds, again it went back on. Before that I also lost 20 on my own but it came back. So, I'm at it again, I'm counting calories and I love this site, because I can keep track and not have to write out a plan of my own. Great site. Just about 8 pounds already and going strong with today being the hardest for cravings.
  • gailyounghusband
    Options
    181889.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

I can't believe it I figured out how to put the tracker on, finally!!
  • Lookgreat
    Lookgreat Posts: 63
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Joined in April and lost 8 lbs already - great going ! Keep it up
  • gailyounghusband
    Options
    I'm trying to stay around 800-900 calories a day. It has been easier for me this week because I've been off the last week with a sprained wrist so I haven't had to pack lunches for work. Thats always a hard one for me. I try to stay busy around the house and I go out quite a bit with my daughter and grandson.

181889.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting