Do You Use Milk In Your Protien Shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've made mine with soy, rice, almond, coconut and hemp milk. Soy and Almond milk were by far the tastiest ;o)))
  • StaceyH1968
    Options
    Vanilla Soy Milk Light
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    If so what kind (non fat dairy, almond, soy...) and why?

I have been making mine at home with a blender and using plain Greek yogurt. I am going to start making some at work with a shaker, and I think I will add milk to improve taste / consistency.

I am predicting a 30/70 ratio of serious to innuendo replies :glasses:

I never use "Milks." I always use no sugar/low sugar drinks with or with frozen fruit>>>Sugar Free Kool-Aid; SF Hawaiian Punch; Reduced Sugar Juices. I also only use Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate; I could do more with Vanilla and I like it best.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I used to use milk, but then I tried Silk and last night I tried Silk Pumpkin Spice. It was yummy.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Usually 1% milk , sometimes almond milk. Also add a banana and a cup of blueberries for vitamin and fiber goodness.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I do, I only drink goat milk. I barely get my calcium intake as it is so the milk helps. I tend to use semi skimmed and about 150-200 ml. I always add a banana, and something like strawberries as well as it it is horrible without it. I drink soya protein.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    unsweetened almond milk...35 calories and taste great.
  • Myzstarr
    Myzstarr Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yes. i use the silk almond or the silk vanilla sometimes coconut with a lil almond butter and its really good. i never use regular milk
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I just use water, the one I use tastes nice with just that.
    Occasionally I have milk, usually when I need the extra calories - I use semi skimmed.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use whole milk (it's what my kids drink) or soy milk in mine for the calories and for improved taste. Protein shakes taste like crap if they're made with water.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk if I know I will be burning loads of calories..if not..just plain water