sorry tom question

Options
hi everyone, this is my first TOM since joining mfp. ive been dreading it. my hunger and appetite is just unbeliveable, it usually feels like this for around 4 days, then when it arrives, il have no appetite for a few days, but todays been rubbish, ive eaten loads and really dont want the next few days to be like today, i dont know how im going to stay in my cal allowance, which is 1400, ive lost 9lbs in 24 days, and dont want to ruin things, any advice on how to curb the appetite appreciated. thanks guysxx

Replies

• Almiel
    Almiel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It should get better. Your appetite should adjust to the new calorie levels. I've heard there's a hormone that regulates this. Maybe you want to increase your calorie limit temporarily and adjust more slowly?
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I stick with high fiber foods because they keep me feeling fuller longer. I keep some of the Fiber One bars or brownies on hand so I can splurge without feeling bad.
  • scruz2521
    Options
    I know exactly how u feel, that's the same part I always have my slip ups...as long as u make sure to burn off the extra calories that u consumed u should be fine, whether its pulling out the old jump rope or simply walking around the block :) you'd be amazed how much better u feel after breaking a little sweat while TOM visits :x good lucK!
  • clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    thank you ladies. i am definatly going to get some excersise tomorow, and will try to find a low cal/fat something or other to curb things. thanks for taking the time to replyxx
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    I know exactly how u feel, that's the same part I always have my slip ups...as long as u make sure to burn off the extra calories that u consumed u should be fine, whether its pulling out the old jump rope or simply walking around the block :) you'd be amazed how much better u feel after breaking a little sweat while TOM visits :x good lucK!

I agree, excercise does help and YES it does get easier to deal with as you get used to your new calorie levels. I personally cannot jump around when my tom is here, it hurts too much, elliptical or aquafit at the local pool is a good choice for me.
    Lower your salt 1 week prior and during your tom
    Avoid sulfates and msg as much as you can and never during the week before and during.
    Caffiene in tea in moderation can help releive cramps, but be wary too much can cause hunger and cravings.
    peppermint tea can help releive some cravings and bloating.(this is my personal best friend, I have 3 20oz cups ready to drink today, 1 hot, 1 warm and yes 1 cold is just yummy.)