Vitamin C help!!!!

Options
I cannot eat anything with citric acid. My stomach does not handle it well and I end up sick for 3 days if even attempt it. Can anyone give me some foods I can eat to boost my vitamin C levels without resorting to a vitamin tablet?

Replies

• Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Green leafy vegetables such as silverbeet, broccoli etc
  • Jabba_The_Hutt
    Options
    V8 juice (the original tomato kind) has 170% of your vitamin C for the day in it. I will look for more for you tho.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Most peppers, hot and sweet both, are high in vitamin c. Dark leafy greens (they're so good for you in general, I try to eat at least a cup a day), and I think strawberries have a decent amount.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    One half cup of raw red sweet pepper contains 142 mg of vitamin C and 20 calories. If you cook the veggie, a half cup offers 116 mg of vitamin C.

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/eat-safe/top-sources-vitamin-C-44102808#ixzz1cP0raQ00
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest visiting with your doctor about it.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    One medium potato serving (approximately 5.3 ounces) provides you with 45% of your Daily Value for Vitamin C, 21% of your Daily Value for Potassium and 3 grams of Fiber with only 100 calories.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    ya i'd go with veggies. or if you can find veggie pills, (in case you have trouble eating enough veggies) they would work as well.