Trying not to eat Candy!

Options
I'm drinking red velvet chocolate herbal tea by The Republic of Tea to curb my cravings.

Replies

• rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    we just finished trick or treating! I hope that we will be too busy with bath time and then to tired for me to sneak some candy! Here's hoping!
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    I haven't had ANY kids come to my door, and I have a box of 94 mini chocolate bars.... eeep!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    A little candy isn't going to kill you, just don't go overboard!
    You deserve a reward for working so hard :D
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I haven't had ANY kids come to my door, and I have a box of 94 mini chocolate bars.... eeep!!

I had this same problem. We live down a little alley, and we don't have any outside decorations. I ended up driving our truck down to the end of the alley, and handed out treat bags while sitting on my tailgate.
  • journey2happiness
    Options
    Woah!! What kind of tea is that/what does it taste like?!
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    well maybe it's not "right" but I just got back from trick or treating, we are all pigging out on our faves and the candy is disappearing in the am :) I still have about 800 calories left today, I'm not tracking, but do plan on having a little bag of chips, a little bag of cheesies, a can of pop and a couple of mini choc bars and my a little baggie of my fave candy. looking at all that i'll probably go over, but I'm okay with it :)
    I think I'm going to try and go for a swim in the am
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A little candy isn't going to kill you, just don't go overboard!
    You deserve a reward for working so hard :D

I totally agree w/ you! I work out extra so I don't have to worry about going over my calorie intake for the day to eat :)
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I logged the 45 minutes of walking with the kids as exercise so I could sneak in a few Butterfingers. Enjoy a little!
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Do not eat it! The kids are out and I am giving the candy, and I have not had a single candy (and will not), I do not want the guilt of eating a useless dose of sugar and I am working hard enough to look good in that bathing suit for our Christmas vacation.

Leftovers will be left at the office cafeteria tomorrow.

Hang in there!
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had my fun size snickers - figured I walked it off with trick or treating! Boy, was it yummy.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I just ate Tootsie Rolls. A lot of them. I didn't go over my calories, but since i'm low carb, this is a serious no-no. Oh look... here comes the regret. It's just like old times! lol
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I have three younger brothers who all just went trick or treating. I have 3x the candy to avoid lol. I'll be telling them to be selfish and make sure they don't give me any.
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yup . . I've had 3 treats out of my own candy stash so far. And no trick or treaters yet!! I wish I would get some and FAST!!

I feel the same way . . a little candy on a day like today will not "undo" everything I've done to date . . and it feels good to splurge every now and again. I know I can always just exercise a bit more to burn it off later. :smile:

Happy Halloween everyone!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I just ate Tootsie Rolls. A lot of them. I didn't go over my calories, but since i'm low carb, this is a serious no-no. Oh look... here comes the regret. It's just like old times! lol
    That made me LOL I just try to ignore the fact that I'm supposed to be eating low carb for one day. :ohwell:
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    Had a fun size Almond Joy - 80 cals and I savored every bite.

I believe if I do not enjoy some "treats" (I'm a chips and bread junkie) then this is just another yo-yo diet. I believe I can have anything as long as I'm willing to work it off or "save" for it and only have a portion.
  • occupyme
    occupyme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If a little candy will "kill" you, please disregard the advice to eat tonight and make up for it tomorrow. For some of us, tomorrow never comes after a night of sugar overload. Know yourself and your body; do what is BEST for your mind and your body.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Dang it! Any time someone says 'red velvet' I won't stop thinking about it until I have some. Thanks a lot!!!!!! ;)
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    One Kitkat bar is only 60 calories! I remember when the bars in the stores used to be as small as this, at least those you would buy for a nickel. Just think, if they were still that small, (along with everything else) none of us would have to diet!
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I purposely bought candy I didn't like so I wouldn't be tempted. Guess what I'm still tempted. I wish I would have bought something I liked now. I usually have trick or treaters by the carloads, less than 1/2 the amount of last year though. I've started telling them "Take 2". I'll feel really bad later if I pig out on candy I don't even like. UGH!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Candy is a huge temptation for me. Thankfully, there aren't really any little kids in our neighborhood (They're all preteens/teens). My kids wanted some candy since they are too old for trick or treating, so I bought some Reese's peanut butter cups for them. While on the candy aisle, I found Skinny Cow candy bars. They are 100-110 calories and DELICIOUS. I had one of those instead. I told myself that they are too expensive to eat more than one a day (they are a little pricey, but so worth it!).