Bump
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I layer. I have a short sleeved Under Armor compression shirt on, then a long sleeve Under Armor "cold gear" shirt, with a long sleeve cotton over that and my running jacket. Bottoms, last year I wore a base layer poly pant under my running pants with a wind pant overtop.

This year I invested in a pair of Brookes thermal running pants, for 40 and below. So far, I love them. We'll see how they hold up in the dead of winter but even a wind pant over top really helps I find. If you can cut the wind you will be warmer.

I wear a neck warmer to keep the base of my neck warm and I can tuck my face in it when need be, with a warm running hat. A base running glove with mitts over top.
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is all such great info..thanks for sharing everyone
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely layers of light clothing. Not so much to remove layers as I warm up, but because I can run in light clothing all year round, just wear more of it in the winter. No need to buy expensive cold weather gear. Compression shorts and shirt as a base layer, then insulating layer(s) then wind breaker over top. I wear a couple of neck warmers when it's really cold, one to keep the cold wind off my neck, the other to cover my face and conserve a little heat and moisture when I breathe. (I brush my teeth BEFORE I run...)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    all very useful! bump for later
  • aemh
    aemh Posts: 5
    Options
    I need to make a correction - the pants are more like these than the other pair I linked: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clothing/Womens-Clothing/Womens-Activewear-Clothing/Womens-Active-Bottoms|/pc/104797080/c/104789880/sc/104180580/i/107641980/Avalanche-Womens-Mogul-Pants/1210019.uts?WTz_l=SBC%253BMMcat104797080%3Bcat104180580%3Bcat107641980
  • RunningMyButtOff
    RunningMyButtOff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wool Socks
    CW-X tights
    Under Armor Cold Gear Mock top
    Thin wicking jacket
    Fleece pull over
    Hat
    Gloves
    Neck cover (also used to cover face/mouth to warm air when breathing)
    Chap Stick
    Tissues

Last two items are very important.
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump