The devil called "The Candy Apple"

Options
I want a candy apple so bad right now! Nope, not the caramel ones, but the red candy coated ones.
I tried eating a regular apple to take part of the craving, but no, it's still there screaming at me.
Am I all alone in this? I havent even given a second thought to candy. I went to a Halloween party
and had one cookie and brought home 2 reeses cups to my boyfriend and didnt think about eating them.
I am a recovering candy-holic and thought I had made great strides. Alas, I dream of that red devil....

Replies

• digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    depressed-sad-pug-1.jpg

They hurt my teeth.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Cravings are really hard to get rid of. Some say to take a walk or do something to keep busy. I have to agree to that, but it doesn't always work. I crave sweets ALOT. I have been on maintenance since the fall of 2008 after shedding 82". Overall I eat very healthy and I try to workout regularly, but I constantly crave sweets. I do find that eating fruit helps (probably from the natural sugar) as does upping my fiber. Fiber fills you up and atleast with me, it tends to keep me full longer. I have learned alot about myself in the past 3 years. I've figured out that as much as I love my sweets, sugar makes me tired and very crabby. I try to keep this forefront in my mind when the cravings come. I can only wish you the best on your journey and hope that you can find what works for you.
  • thefatqueen
    Options
    My thought is that we need to give ourselves a treat every now & then, or go on crazy binges... so if you think it would satisfy you to have part of the candy apple, buy one, cut it in pieces, toss about half.. and enjoy it.

Another thought is.. what happy memories does eating the candy apple bring? Can you duplicate those feelings in a different healthy way??

I am not perfect by any measure.. I have been off my diet and exercise for quite awhile.. but I keep trying
  • floridasea1
    floridasea1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just think of positive thoughts to push that candy coated red devil out of your mind. You can't think of two things at once.
    Yes, there are certain childhood treats that you crave even though you know they don't love you back.
    My husband loves donuts but doesn't eat them any more, because he knows they don't agree with his system. I call donuts the circle of death...no nutritional value and they make me break out in fat. Well Halloween is over now and we made it through the storm hopefully flexing our willpower all the way. I can totally relate to your struggle. We just have to have better dreams that don't contain food. Dreams of a healthy body that only craves food as fuel. Blessings!