anyone else crave sugar?

Options
i mean straight sugar. i am a brown sugar craver. i dont know why. i had a slight binge earlier and one of the things i ate was 5-6 teaspoons of brown sugar. not in anything just straight. i do this some nights when i jsut want something. does anyone else crave straight sugar? and if so why do you crave straight sugar? its not really any good. its good instuff but by itself? not really

Replies

• 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not straight sugar, but chocolate. Good luck!
  • JessicaModel
    Options
    OMG. no! People eat straight sugar? Ugh. I can only imagine it would taste revolting. Try drinking diet coke instead - It will give you your 'sugar fix' but is practically zero calories. XOXO
  • twotoforty73
    twotoforty73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are possibly craving brown sugar for the iron content?
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've been known to succumb to this in the evening, I believe it's a combination of cold weather and exhaustion making me crave carbs for instant energy.
  • lucylue21
    Options
    You are possibly craving brown sugar for the iron content?

oh duh yes. i didnt know it had iron in it. im highly anemic. thats why. i need to get back on my vitamins.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I crave sugar too, but I'll reach for a spoonful of peanut butter instead if I'm really famished.
    Keep in mind when you reach for that brown sugar that you are sabotaging your diet. Try reaching for a healthy alternative like peanut butter or fruit if your are truly hungry (not just having a craving). Mind over matter! You can do it and you'll be happy you did once your pants start to get looser :)
  • allie_girl
    Options
    I have an intense sugar craving as well. Never want it by the spoonful, but if I have something with a high sugar content, I eat so much of it that I make myself sick. It's really bad so I try to avoid all sugars to stop it. Most of the time, staying away helps. I am worried I have diabetes or something - I think you should get bloodwork, I am next month.
  • lucylue21
    Options
    I crave sugar too, but I'll reach for a spoonful of peanut butter instead if I'm really famished.
    Keep in mind when you reach for that brown sugar that you are sabotaging your diet. Try reaching for a healthy alternative like peanut butter or fruit if your are truly hungry (not just having a craving). Mind over matter! You can do it and you'll be happy you did once your pants start to get looser :)

well... yes and no. im sure eating straight sugar isnt that good for you. a 12 ounce coke has 49 grams of sugar in it. 5 teaspoons of bornw sugar have 20. im sure its not good for you but whats the difference in raw sugar and in having 6 ounces of coke? oh right. 6 ounces of coke hjave more sugar.