Tired and Weak

Options
2»

Replies

• trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Protein - lean meats (not deli or lunch meat, too high in sodium), eggs, yogurts, nuts are your most protein dense sources. They digest slower than carbs and stay with you longer. Mixing them with carbs lowers the over glycemic index of the meal, slowing the overall digestion of the meal. This is why many eat eggs with their breakfast.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've been avoiding meats since being on here because they are so hard to log! Same with vegies. Maybe I need to break out the kitchen scales and do things properly!
  • adhillman01
    Options
    You need to eat real food. 900 calories of weight loss shakes and vodka cruisers would leave me feeling weak too.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've been avoiding meats since being on here because they are so hard to log! Same with vegies. Maybe I need to break out the kitchen scales and do things properly!

Yes! Don't deprive your body just because it's hard to log. This is supposed to be difficult. If it was easy, we'd all by healthy and fit!
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you make sure you are getting in your veggies and fruit in addition to the protein, healthy fat and carbs! What works for me is a protein smoothie for breakfast, a hardboiled egg and some veggies in the morning as a snack and a piece of fruit and a hardboiled egg in the afternoon as a snack and for lunch and dinner lots of veggies, lean protein and about a half cup of a healthy carb and lots of water all day long. Good luck!!!
  • Dexy_
    Options
    Funnily enough adhillman01 the day (saturday) that I mainly had shakes and 2 cruisers was the ONLY day since doing this that I DIDN'T feel hungry, tired and generally weak! haha

Thanks everyone for your input :)
  • loisann221
    Options
    No wonder you're feeling tired and weak!!!

I agree with lots of the posts, it wouldn't be a bad idea to up your calorie intake. 1200 cals was my original goal and I found that even just bumping it up to 1290 was helpful- MFP even says that less that 1200 is not healthy.

You really need to think about what you're "spending" your calories on. All those shakes and carbs are going to give you sugar spikes and no lasting energy. You need to fill up on lean protein and veggies. It's not that hard to track either one. If you're unsure of portion control you could use this visual guide to judge without a scale. (http://www.wayneresourceguide.org/portion-control-guide_opt.jpg)

Try focusing on meeting or exceeding your protein goal (as set by MFP) for a week and worry less about the actual calorie count (within reason) and see if you don't start feeling better.
  • Dexy_
    Options
    Thanks for that portion control guide, looks pretty helpful! I just find that if I eat a proper meal then it takes up over half my daily calories. For instance, spag bowl.

The pasta would be at least 300cals, then the beef would be a fair chunk I'm sure, then the vegies, then the garlic... I find just eating one thing easier, even though it's boring.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that portion control guide, looks pretty helpful! I just find that if I eat a proper meal then it takes up over half my daily calories. For instance, spag bowl.

The pasta would be at least 300cals, then the beef would be a fair chunk I'm sure, then the vegies, then the garlic... I find just eating one thing easier, even though it's boring.

I have a lot of 'safe' foods that I know I can go to without thinking too hard about them. Cheese sticks, yogurt, protein bars. Meat does have more calories than the same amount of spaghetti, but the PROTEIN in the meat will be a longer lasting energy source that the carbs in the pasta.

Try starting off your day with a couple tablespoons of peanut butter on celery sticks, and see if that helps to curb the cravings and provide you with energy.