Options

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    wow girl did you really 50 pushups :noway: omg that's scary... will i be able to do as many when i get out of the 220's... i only just entered them, Wednesday is my weigh-in day and 229.5... i don't feel too optimistic for my Easter goal of 227 and my end of month goal of 217 but let's see... :ohwell:
  • MissLissa
    MissLissa Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi all! Uh..........I got discouraged and stopped coming on here.....and working out for that matter. But I've kept up with getting off the soda, and drinking more water!! I think I've had more water in the last few weeks than I had all last year :laugh: :laugh: J/K.
    I missed the squat challenge and the jog in place. I think I'll just try those this week as my 'pick your own challenge'. Maybe I'll throw the pushups in too. Last week and yesterday, I've been doing my elliptical, which I love.....but I think I'm ready to add more to my workout.
    Are we still weighing in....on Fridays, was it?
  • awestfall
    Options
    wow girl did you really 50 pushups :noway: omg that's scary... will i be able to do as many when i get out of the 220's... i only just entered them, Wednesday is my weigh-in day and 229.5... i don't feel too optimistic for
    Yep 50!! You have to push yourself to do it.This is something I want so badly for myself that I have overcome so many things that I wasn't able to do before that I can do so much better now.I stay focused,dedicated and committed to my goals.Do I have bad days?Sure I do but I ddon't let them consume me.I work it back off if I overate and then I learn my lesson not to do that again.It takes time but you will learn to control the things that used to consume your life .Like for me and most people here its FOOD:mad: You can do this just aim for the stars.:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    wow girl did you really 50 pushups :noway: omg that's scary... will i be able to do as many when i get out of the 220's... i only just entered them, Wednesday is my weigh-in day and 229.5... i don't feel too optimistic for my Easter goal of 227 and my end of month goal of 217 but let's see... :ohwell:
    Yep 50!! You have to push yourself to do it.This is something I want so badly for myself that I have overcome so many things that I wasn't able to do before that I can do so much better now.I stay focused,dedicated and committed to my goals.Do I have bad days?Sure I do but I ddon't let them consume me.I work it back off if I overate and then I learn my lesson not to do that again.It takes time but you will learn to control the things that used to consume your life .Like for me and most people here its FOOD You can do this just aim for the
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi all! Uh..........I got discouraged and stopped coming on here.....and working out for that matter. But I've kept up with getting off the soda, and drinking more water!! I think I've had more water in the last few weeks than I had all last year :laugh: :laugh: J/K.
    I missed the squat challenge and the jog in place. I think I'll just try those this week as my 'pick your own challenge'. Maybe I'll throw the pushups in too. Last week and yesterday, I've been doing my elliptical, which I love.....but I think I'm ready to add more to my workout.
    Are we still weighing in....on Fridays, was it?
    Well welcome back and join in on the push up challenge if you like or pick your own .Much Luck to you and welcome again:flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    100 squats today
    Wow how much weight do you use? I can only do 3 sets of 12 with 95 lbs, that two 25 plates and the bar is 45.
  • awestfall
    Options
    100 squats today
    Wow how much weight do you use? I can only do 3 sets of 12 with 95 lbs, that two 25 plates and the bar is 45.
    You are more amazing than me because I don't use weights I just do the old fashion squats :flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    100 squats today
    You are more amazing than me because I don't use weights I just do the old fashion squats :flowerforyou:
    Still 100 is great! I used to do them like that until my DH, he lifts a lot, showed me form, it's taken sometime to get up there. I started with 10 lb dumb bells.
  • Appletini
    Appletini Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Push ups are a great idea!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE! :drinker:
    I love logging on and seeing what everyone has accomplished. It pushes me to do better.

Plus I like lifting simple exercise ideas, as walking is about as creative as I get.

This week I"m trying to tone up my mid section. If anyone is interested there is a great video on youtube put up by SparkPeople. Just type in "ab work out" and its the first one to come up. It's about 14 minutes long and I didn't know how useful it really was until I woke up sore all over this morning! It's very simple, quick and most importantly effective!

Have a great day!:smile:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'd like to join you if you don't mind... I'm currently at 271. I'll start the push up thing tomorrow... I think I'll be doing the wall push ups as well - I know I'm not strong enough to do real push ups and my knees are not ready for "girl push ups" LOL

So, in reading through this thread I read at least one poster did 2 hours of cardio? How do you do it? I'm so proud of myself for doing an hour today... Do you do 2 hours at once or at 2 different times of the day?
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'd like to join you if you don't mind... I'm currently at 271. I'll start the push up thing tomorrow... I think I'll be doing the wall push ups as well - I know I'm not strong enough to do real push ups and my knees are not ready for "girl push ups" LOL

So, in reading through this thread I read at least one poster did 2 hours of cardio? How do you do it? I'm so proud of myself for doing an hour today... Do you do 2 hours at once or at 2 different times of the day?
    Welcome to the group:flowerforyou: And yes I do 2 hours of cardio straight no breaks.It works for me because if I didn't do the 2 hours straight I wouldn't get it done because of my 2 toddler girls.You should be proud of yourself for getting 1 hour in everyday.Pat yourself on the back thats an accomplishment.I didn't always do 2 hours in fact when I first started here I could only do 15 minutes of exercise in one day.Now I am doing wwayyyy more than what I ever imagined I would be able to do.I push my self to reach for the stars because I know I can reach them and losing weight is one of my stars to grab and I 'm doing it and so can you.:flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    Options

Welcome to the group:flowerforyou: And yes I do 2 hours of cardio straight no breaks.It works for me because if I didn't do the 2 hours straight I wouldn't get it done because of my 2 toddler girls.You should be proud of yourself for getting 1 hour in everyday.Pat yourself on the back thats an accomplishment.I didn't always do 2 hours in fact when I first started here I could only do 15 minutes of exercise in one day.Now I am doing wwayyyy more than what I ever imagined I would be able to do.I push my self to reach for the stars because I know I can reach them and losing weight is one of my stars to grab and I 'm doing it and so can you.:flowerforyou:
    :noway: Thanks! Well - you've motivated me. I was actually thinking of not walking today because I'm SOOO sore... but I think I'll get on the treadmill after all. 2 HOURS! Wowza! Congratulations - I look forward to having that kind of stamina!
  • awestfall
    Options

:noway: Thanks! Well - you've motivated me. I was actually thinking of not walking today because I'm SOOO sore... but I think I'll get on the treadmill after all. 2 HOURS! Wowza! Congratulations - I look forward to having that kind of stamina!
    You definitely will if you stay with it and keep pushing for what you really want!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi Everyone, and welcome sonjovan, awestfall you are awesome. You did 50 pushups all at once? Wow. By the way I did only 20 wall pushups yesterday, but I did do some light weight lifting. I did some lunges and squats. I also did some rear end toning:huh: I was only able to get 30 minutes of cardio in yesterday before it rained. :grumble: Today is clearing up and turning out to be a beautiful day. :smile: I need to make sure I get my cardio in. Great Job everyone you are all such an inspiration:flowerforyou:
  • danigirl
    danigirl Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I kind of fell off the posting wagon a couple weeks ago, so i'm trying to get back at it. I've been doig pretty well with my workouts and food and am progressing little by little. I am in my second week of P90X. Today is pushups and pullups day, so I'll report back later.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Dani
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi Everyone, and welcome sonjovan, awestfall you are awesome. You did 50 pushups all at once? Wow. By the way I did only 20 wall pushups yesterday, but I did do some light weight lifting. I did some lunges and squats. I also did some rear end toning:huh: I was only able to get 30 minutes of cardio in yesterday before it rained. :grumble: Today is clearing up and turning out to be a beautiful day. :smile: I need to make sure I get my cardio in. Great Job everyone you are all such an inspiration:flowerforyou:
    Yep 50 wall pushups in a row .I felt strong so I went for it.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I kind of fell off the posting wagon a couple weeks ago, so i'm trying to get back at it. I've been doig pretty well with my workouts and food and am progressing little by little. I am in my second week of P90X. Today is pushups and pullups day, so I'll report back later.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Dani
    Welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Hello everyone! Sorry I have been gone so much!
    Life is way to crrazy right now.
    so question.
    WHAT IS NEW?!
    (is there a new challenge? will we get a new thread on friday?)
  • sonjavon
    Options
    Checking in here... Today I walked at 3.5 mph for 20 minutes at a medium incline on the treadmill. That felt so good that 2 hours later I did 20 more at a low incline at 3.0 mph. Then I did 20 girl push ups (bent knee), 10 crunches, 10 leg lifts and 10 pelvic tilts. I haven't gotten down on the floor willingly in a long time... it was too hard to get up... it was no problem today. I'll probably do more push ups and crunches later... but wanted to log in what I've done before I forget!