First week and need help

Options
ls_66
ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
All,
I've started a diet plan with help of a dietitian, first thing they told me was to start a food journal and that's how I found MFP, I got to say the best feature of the Android app is the scan utility.. takes the guess work and writing down out of the equation, any way I'm looking for healthy snacks recommendations for the in between meals, something that will fill me up a bit before dinner
Thank you

Replies

• GrandmasterZiggy
    Options

http://t.co/a9dlViZO

But personally I enjoy Fiber One 80 Calories Honey Clusters. For a serving 3/4 Cup it is 30% fiber for your day and it is a nice treat that has a honey flavor and keeps you going throughout the day. But be careful, when I first discovered them I was munching on them constantly, so now I make individual baggies so I can't scarf them down.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can follow me and my fiance on MFP too!!

http://t.co/a9dlViZO, check us out and let us know what you think of it too
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Almonds.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    It will partly depend on what macronutrient you need to top up on throughout the day, but it is always good to have some protein with your snacks if you can. Personally I love having a small handfull of almonds (raw or dry roasted) as one of my snacks as I often don't have enough fats through other meals.
  • Heluva
    Heluva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the honey clusters, too. I also found corn bran squares a yummy snack food.
  • ls_66
    Options
    I was doing almonds too but the dietician said no nuts for snacks...
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    slice of whole wheat. thin spread of peanut butter. topped with slices of banana.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, almonds, fruit, cottage cheese, kashi granola bars are good too
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I was doing almonds too but the dietician said no nuts for snacks...

did she say why?
  • ls_66
    Options
    I'm seeing her next week and I will ask her... I remember her saying that nuts were ok if part of a meal but never as snacks
  • Jeniferela
    Options
    I love an afternoon snack of popcorn a couple times a week. I buy the Pop Secret or Orville Redenbacher's 100 calorie packs of kettlecorn. The Redenbacher's only has 150mg of sodium which I feel is pretty good for popcorn. It also takes me a long time to eat it which is also another plus:)