I'm new and I officially start..

Options
My journey on Nov 1st. I think that I can lose the 20 lbs that I want to lose by January 1 and in 2012 maintain it. I am also looking to make a few other lifestyle changes, including eating local and more healthy foods, using more natural products, spending time to relax and stray away from my workaholic days, grow out my natural hair, and find joy from within. October was a transitioning month and now I think I am ready with a clean refrigerator, exercise routine, and all that stuff. Now, I just need support and great tools to help me see my progress. Thanks!

Replies

• LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You have a great attitude! I have found logging my food, so eye opening. I used to do a lot of mindless eating that added up to many calories. Is ill eat the same foods, just smaller amounts, and only when hungry!
  • GrandmasterZiggy
    Options
    Hey welcome to MFP, its good to hear that you want to make a lifestyle change!!! MY fiance and I decided on that too. If you are interested in some recipes or ideas check out our blog or follow us on twitter. We like to enjoy HEALTHY food that tastes GREAT!!! And let us know if you have any questions that can help you with your goal!!

Our blog is
    http://t.co/a9dlViZO

Twitter @crazycookingcouple

Good Luck!!!
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The people here are great!