After workout snack?

Options
What are the best after workout snacks to eat? I'm so confused!

Thanks for any help! :)

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    For me, always a protein snack. And plenty of water.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk: the perfect balance of carbs and protein!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    for me it is breakfast since i go to the gym early in the morning
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I always have either a protein shake or a container of greek yogurt and lots and lots of water!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    This is what I had last night. I wouldn't call it a "snack" though.

chicken yakisoba &Pear/pb&co cinnamon raisin swirl b&b pudding topped with caramel swirl icecream

Get something with some protein for sure but at the end of the day if you are hitting your macro targets then it's all good. (MFP protein is set to low by the way)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets you closer to your calorie and macronutrient goal for the day.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    dannon light & fit w/half a banana.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    chicken, steak, pasta, pop tarts, cereal...
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Whey protein shake. Read up on it on www.mercola.com.
  • GrandmasterZiggy
    Options
    I usually heat up a previous grilled piece of chicken. Really easy, you just cook it the day before (only takes may 15 minutes) put it in the refrigerator and just reheat it the next day and add pepper, NO SALT, and hot sauce. Tastes great and its about 20 grams of protein !!!
  • YNicki919
    Options
    I drink a Whey protein shake and drink lots of water after a work out. Vitamin Shoppe has the Designer Whey protein and in different flavors.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets you closer to your calorie and macronutrient goal for the day.

^ x2.
  • Dragon101
    Options
    You should drink a protein shake or a results and recovery drink. The protein will start to help repair your muscles and you won't be so sore. You should wait at least and 45 minutes to an hour after a workout before you eat. Especially if you've done strength training because your body is still burning fat and you want to burn the fat from your body. If you eat too soon, your body will start burning what you've just eaten. All of this info comes from Beachbody if anyone would like to check my response.