stretch marks??

Options
Sorry I wasn't sure where to put this but basically my story is that I went on the pill and gained weight like crazy :mad: , and now i have these unsightly red stretch marks on my tummy, arms and legs, the front of my tummies the worst.:sad: Is there anything that I can use to help make them less red and angry looking without spending a heap of money?

Replies

• littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump. I had the same thing happen to me on the shot. Hence why am here.
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about cocoa butter. But I don't know; haven't tried it.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Mine turned white as I dropped my weight.
    I also used cocoa butter which I feel made them look less there.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    they will fade over time, i have the worse i know on my tummy from my 2 kids, not all over but the skin is saggy. i know the stretch marks will fade but the skin??
    who knows what will help that.
    maybe bio oil. i moisturise everyday
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    In time they become less red. I have them on my tummy from pregnancy. I hate them with a passion. I find that using bio oil (a fab product) has helped with the elasticity of my skin. Makes the skin softer too. Also, self tanner is great for reducing your hate for them temporarily.

ps. Bio Oil trumps Cocoa butter. Get some. :) xo
  • Kailey84
    Kailey84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your frustration with stretch marks. Know that they do naturally fade over time. You can speed things up by rubbing Bio Oil on the effected areas. I notice that in the summer when I am tanned they are also less noticable. All will be fine nothing to worry about.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    They will fade and go away with time.

Stretch marks happen at the middle layer of skin, and lotions don't get absorbed that deep. I found a great article about them here:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Stretch-marks/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Mine have faded considerably, and I didn't invest in any creams or anything.

Good luck!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Good news!!! Mine was like that, as I've lost weight over time they've really lightened up. The ones on my stomach in 3 months have went to barely noticeable. You can still feel them on the skin though. I was told that will never go away.
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ps. Bio Oil trumps Cocoa butter. Get some. :) xo

yup!
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    maderma maderma maderma.

i work for a derm, and this is what they give to people with bad scars.

I also had a breast reduction recently, and those scars were nutty, used maderma, now they are faded away to almost nothing.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Having stretchmarks is just part of being a woman if you ask me. lol. I used cocoa butter while I was pregnant like everyone told me, supposedly if you do that you won't get stretchmarks, or at least not as bad. But I got some terrible ones! Painful too! They did fade over time, but still some are pretty bad. Not much to do about it without spending money though. I'd love to dump a bunch of money into Mederma for mine, if only.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    maderma maderma maderma.

i work for a derm, and this is what they give to people with bad scars.

I also had a breast reduction recently, and those scars were nutty, used maderma, now they are faded away to almost nothing.

I never even thought about this for stretch marks. I have from some scars I got from some psoriasis and from a couple moles that got removed and cut deep around for the scars.. I should try that out!
  • wackedoutpet13
    wackedoutpet13 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Maybe Vitamin E?
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    They will fade naturally with time. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Many of us have stretch marks just from experiencing puberty. It's pretty normal, and they do go away.
  • mmmtasty
    Options
    Use good old petroleum jelly to keep the stretch marks moist, there is absolutely no product available (including maderma) that will get rid of scar tissue.
  • becschneider
    Options
    thank you everyone for the wonderful advice!! :flowerforyou: I'll give some ideas a crack and see how I go, I spouse I shouldn't worry too much because I probably will get them when I decide to get pregnant, man i hope they do fade!! the ones on my hips from puberty you can barely see but they were never this red. Heres to hoping! :tongue: