Biting the bullet and introducing myself.

Options
I have been using MFP for several months now, on and off. Off when I just want to ignore that I have a weight problem, and on again when my scale has a hard time actually registering how much I weigh. I'm on again, and I truly do plan on staying on. I just need to be healthier. I have this fear that I'm going to cut my life short and leave the people I love behind because I can't say no to the foods that are bad for me. I'm down a little over twenty pounds and I am learning to take things day by day. Encouragement is needed, so I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]98880.png[/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Well welcome! This site has been so valuable for me! Not only can I see what I'm eating but the encouragement and constant push is just what I needed. I thought my goal of trying to lose almost 100lbs was out of reach but as of today I'm down over 27 in a little over 2.5 months. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome! please know you are not alone. We all are struggling with our bodies and will power and the temptations of yummy food that is really bad for us. Feel free to add me if you need the support.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i tell myself "a moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips". lol hey i had a hard time too with sticking to diets but i treat this one like a game. it's fun trying to beat the numbers and seeing what exactly it is that you r eating. i wish u all the best
  • mommy_2a_sweety_pi
    Options
    Trust me - it's a lot easier with some encouragement!! That's what we're here for :P
  • tatoue
    Options
    Thank you so much. I will add you both as soon as I figure out how to do that. Already I know it was a good idea to post. Keeping track privately almost felt like my dirty little secret. I felt like I might be vulnerable once I started posting. I'm glad I didn't listen to myself.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to the site! This place is great, you'll love it!

I'm down about 25lbs myself, & I've been trying to stay motivated & on track to lose the remaining 15-20lbs I'd like to drop. I'm sure you'll have a ton of success! Just remember... TRACK IT, LOG IT, DO IT!! It WILL happen if you put the work in! :bigsmile:

Congratulations on your success so far, I can't wait to see some really cool before & after photos! :glasses:
  • tatoue
    Options
    Holy Moly! This is like an instant support group! Thank you all! :happy:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll add you as a friend. I've also been using on and off and have lost 20 pounds and I have about 150 total to lose. (though my current goal is set at 240 pounds)
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    glad you've decided youre really ready :)feel free to friend me Im told I make a good perky friend :)
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome, if you want more friends please feel free to add me too!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi! Glad you are coming out of the woodwork. That shows some bravery. :) Read my link above my ticker, decide if that's the kind of support you need, and if you want to friend me then include a message. Good luck!
  • Akahime
    Akahime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm the same age as you and I spent the first 30 years of my life overweight. It took me a few years to get to the point I am now and I'm happy with my progress but it wasn't easy. You've made the first step by admitting to yourself you want to change. What I've learned is that diets don't work, you have to change your everyday eating habits and stick with it. What worked for me was educating myself on proper nutrition and fitness. Instead of buying snacks on my breaks I bought fitness magazines and kept reading them. Slowly I worked what I learned into my routine. Take it one day at a time and if you fall off the wagon, forgive yourself and get right back on. It's ok to treat yourself once in a while, it's just not good to over indulge. You are right about taking it one day at a time. I didn't just start eating healthy overnight. It is a journey that I am still on, but if I could go from a size 24 to a size 10 there is surely hope for you. I found the best encouragement for me was making myself accountable. I told everyone I knew that I was going to lose weight. Being so public about it made me feel that if I failed everyone would know so I had to do my best. As they saw the efforts I made they started to cheer me on and I felt better about myself when people noticed. I can encourage you here if you like, but remember we are our own worst enemy. It's a fight to change yourself and break out of your old habits. It's also totally worth it! Good Luck.