BED Support Group Part 1

Options
Hey everyone! I decided to create this group as a tool for support and motivation for those on mfp that struggle with binge eating disorders. I have already talked to a few people who would like to join the group, but it is still open for anyone who wants to join. After debating whether or not to do weekly challenges, I decided that I think we should each make our own goals, because we are each at different points in our journey. I, for example, am still in the full-on binge eating stage (and halloween didn't help) so my goal this week is to cut all sugars (except those that are natural) out of my diet. If you would like to post your goals on here for accountability and motivational purposes, feel free. However, if you want to just want to use this group as a place to give and receive motivation, then go for it! Starting next week, we will have a group weekly challenge, which is also optional. Like I said, I know that we are all at different points in our journey, so they will be generic things, like drinking enough water, eating fruits and vegetables, sit-ups, crunches, etc. Again, I want all of these challenges to be totally optional! I know we all have our own goals for ourselves and we are each struggling in our own way, so I want support for everyone to be the main point of the group. Update us on how you're doing throughout the week, and we'll all check in with each other on sunday or monday! Message me if you have any questions, and let's get started. Together, WE CAN BEAT THIS!!!!

Replies

• irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    also, if you would like to learn more about BED, here is a great article I found explaining it and its consequences:
    http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/battlingbinge
  • chefgorman
    chefgorman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi guys... I was wondering if anyone else went through this:

More often than not, I end up eating by myself just because I have so much work to do or I'm on a different schedule than my family and now its gotten to the point that sometimes when I have to eat with them (tonight I sat down for 'family dinner' with two family friends over) I get so anxious over eating that it actually makes me nauseated... But then I could go in a different room by myself and then eat comfortably.

I don't have this problem when I go out with my friends so I don't know what happened...

And its not about just going overboard - when the urge to binge sets in its REALLLY hard to deal with so I tried changing some habits like not buying junk food but then I'll go through a pint of strawberries, a mango, and an orange. I know fruit is better than chocolate but that out of control feeling is the same for me :(