November Step Challenge

Options
Anyone up for 10,000 steps challenge for this month?

The rules are:
1. Need a pedometer / step counter.
2. Post daily your steps on this board.
3. It doesn't matter how many or how few you get. You can set a lower or higher goal if you wish.

Who's in??

Replies

• buttercup62999
    buttercup62999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If I had a pedometer or step counter i bet i would hit it lol!!! Sounds like fun!
  • golicova
    golicova Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • agadoogirl
    agadoogirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I am trying for 10,000 steps a day. I did this last month and only did that 9 times in October. Most days were between 4,000 and 9,000. And a few days that I did really did not try I had under 2,000.
  • agadoogirl
    Options
    I did 4145. This challenge is going to get my house super clean, it was raining here today so I wandered around cleaning trying to increase my steps!
  • eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been averaging about 8500-9500 steps/day and I'm trying to increase that to 10,000.

* Small disclaimer - that is of course assuming that nothing with my pregnancy changes to cause me to need to back off or stop walking altogether. At the time being though my OB and Perinatologist are completely on board with me walking as much as possible because it helps with my diabetes and blood sugar control.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm in as long as I can get my pedometer to work again. I think I've dropped it a few too many times or the battery is sying. I'm not sure but their not expensive so maybe I'll just buy a new one. LOL so I'll have a low number today probably but I'll get on the program. awesome to have a daily goal, when I work I'll probably shoot for double that working retail I walk a ton, but maybe that should be my goal on work days...ooohhhh. brainstorm. ok I'm a littl ebored at home today on my day off. I'm gonna shut up now. Back later!
  • dancingj2
    Options
    I did 4145. This challenge is going to get my house super clean, it was raining here today so I wandered around cleaning trying to increase my steps!

I hadn't thought of cleaning as way to increase my step count. That would help tidy my house!
  • dancingj2
    Options
    I'm in. I've been averaging about 8500-9500 steps/day and I'm trying to increase that to 10,000.

* Small disclaimer - that is of course assuming that nothing with my pregnancy changes to cause me to need to back off or stop walking altogether. At the time being though my OB and Perinatologist are completely on board with me walking as much as possible because it helps with my diabetes and blood sugar control.

Welcome! You are already doing great and your unborn baby will be a natural walker!
  • dancingj2
    Options
    I'm in as long as I can get my pedometer to work again. I think I've dropped it a few too many times or the battery is sying. I'm not sure but their not expensive so maybe I'll just buy a new one. LOL so I'll have a low number today probably but I'll get on the program. awesome to have a daily goal, when I work I'll probably shoot for double that working retail I walk a ton, but maybe that should be my goal on work days...ooohhhh. brainstorm. ok I'm a littl ebored at home today on my day off. I'm gonna shut up now. Back later!

Mine bounces along the floor at least once a day. And it is huge! I need to find a much smaller one.
  • golicova
    Options
  • Sadeyes25
    Options
    11-1~6,025
  • dancingj2
    Options
    10/1 - 8,709
  • agadoogirl
    Options
  • eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I failed to mention in my previous post that the way I've been averaging 9000 steps/day has been that I get 10,000-11,000 on 5 days of the week and then 2 light/rest days (5,000 steps) that bring the overall average down to 8500-9500/day. I would like to leave the two rest days alone (I feel like I need those sometimes) so to increase my overall average I will focus on bumping each of my 5 active days up to 12,000 steps or more if I can.

11/01 - 13,827
  • dancingj2
    Options
    Great first day everyone!
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another month.

11/1 - 13,834
    11/2 - 12,730 (so far)
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If someone is looking for a pedometer recommendation, I'd recommdn the HRM CR-786 Pedometer.

It can be bought from Amazon for $20. It has a loop to attach a neck strap, clip or other item to attach to your body. They come in different colors too! It also comes with TrakNote software so you can synch your daily steps to your PC and track them.
  • golicova
    Options
  • Sadeyes25
    Options
    11-1~ 6,025
    11-2~10,120