Ladies(or gents who cares) what is your dream way

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
Of being proposed to?

Just gathering data to try and help somebody out. And clearly we're all different..lol ;)

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Having my wife crash into my garage roof with a UFO, then living with me for 5-10 years, wearing hawaiian shirts, partying, eating all my food and potentially cat, then maybe after that, she can put a ring in the bottom of some white chocolate pudding that she serves me for breakfast in bed.

THAT, might actually work.
  • SaintOnEarth
    Options
    I would like for her to take me to the great barrier reef in Australia.. have a ring set up in a chest somewhere in the reef.. and when we go scuba diving we somehow end up at the chest.. and she has me open it.. and there is a big diamond ring in it :D hahaha
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine just had a baby recently. when she came home from work, her boyfriend had their baby in a onsie. the onesie said, mommy will you marry us? it was so cute and sweet.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Something intimate... maybe while walking along the beach.
    Honestly, I don't care as much about where I am, all I care about is who is holding the ring :)
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    a friend of mine just had a baby recently. when she came home from work, her boyfriend had their baby in a onsie. the onesie said, mommy will you marry us? it was so cute and sweet.

That is so cute.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My hubby took me to a super fancy resturant, nice dinner and he had them hide the ring inside a strawberry shaped like a flower. When it came out he proposed. VERY cool. Highly recommend it.

Or - you could leave little notes all over the house proposing in a zillion different ways - reqular questions, different languages, poems, pictures and then be waiting somewhere so you can ask her in person.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    In bed is what I want
    in bed on a lazy sunday morning with waffles, bacon, mimosas to celebrate. And sportscenter on.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think it's *got* to be individually tailored to the person, not some cliché of roses and champagne (unless that's what the person really loves).

Also, I'd caution against doing it publicly, even if you're fairly sure they'll say yes, it puts a lot pressure on. A friend of mine said yes to a public proposal then had to wiggle out of it when she realised he really wasn't the guy for her.

And on that note, I'd suggest not marrying 'till you've been together a minimum of a year and been through a few life experiences (camping/ travelling, being sick, work issues etc.) I think you need to marry someone who you know well, not just when you're at the butterflies in the tummy stage of infatuation/love. (Cos that does wear off!)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Have not been in a place to really think about it but would want it to be someplace meaningful to both of us and the relationship would make that.
    I mean as things developed there would be special moments and where they occurred would be in my mind for that moment.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I think it's *got* to be individually tailored to the person, not some cliché of roses and champagne (unless that's what the person really loves).

Also, I'd caution against doing it publicly, even if you're fairly sure they'll say yes, it puts a lot pressure on. A friend of mine said yes to a public proposal then had to wiggle out of it when she realised he really wasn't the guy for her.

And on that note, I'd suggest not marrying 'till you've been together a minimum of a year and been through a few life experiences (camping/ travelling, being sick, work issues etc.) I think you need to marry someone who you know well, not just when you're at the butterflies in the tummy stage of infatuation/love. (Cos that does wear off!)

I like the type of surprise that catches you complete off guard....

My husband tricked me into thinking we were doing a favor for his mother who was stuck at work (she was really stuck at work but the rest of it was bogus) to drop off her sapphire ring (small, lovely delicate setting) for a professional cleaning... I was already going by the jeweler she trusts so, I said I would help! Mind you, this ring had been in his family for two generations.. his grandmother, and his mother... so I knew how special it was... and so pretty! A flower of sapphire 'petal' jewels with a small diamond in the middle..

Well, the day came to pick it up and George asked if I would go with him, and from there we could go out to dinner. Sure! After a long day of work, that sounded wonderful...

Well, he gave the pick-up slip to the jeweler.... and then the jeweler handed the boxed ring to George, and then he handed me a note...

I figured it would be the proof-of-payment/receipt for payment.... I opened it up looking for 'paid in full', and instead there was a written note that said "look at George"...

George was on one knee, proposing to me with the two-generational sapphire ring - his mother gave it to him, to give to me.... I nearly balled my eyes out when I told him yes, I would marry him....
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

My husband tricked me into thinking we were doing a favor for his mother who was stuck at work (she was really stuck at work but the rest of it was bogus) to drop off her sapphire ring (small, lovely delicate setting) for a professional cleaning... I was already going by the jeweler she trusts so, I said I would help! Mind you, this ring had been in his family for two generations.. his grandmother, and his mother... so I knew how special it was... and so pretty! A flower of sapphire 'petal' jewels with a small diamond in the middle..

Well, the day came to pick it up and George asked if I would go with him, and from there we could go out to dinner. Sure! After a long day of work, that sounded wonderful...

Well, he gave the pick-up slip to the jeweler.... and then the jeweler handed the boxed ring to George, and then he handed me a note...

I figured it would be the proof-of-payment/receipt for payment.... I opened it up looking for 'paid in full', and instead there was a written note that said "look at George"...

George was on one knee, proposing to me with the two-generational sapphire ring - his mother gave it to him, to give to me.... I nearly balled my eyes out when I told him yes, I would marry him....

You nearly made me bawl my eyes out with this^^!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

You nearly made me bawl my eyes out with this^^!

I still tear up thinking about how he proposed, and how his mother was involved too! LOL!!!! I wear his mother's ring around my neck on a chain because cooking professionally, its against health codes to wear this type on your finger... but my wedding band (which is compliant with health codes) is worn all the time....

We have been together for 12 years this past September
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Your husband deserves a high-five, that's great!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I dream of never being proposed to again. Twice was quite enough. :smile:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Never been proposed too. Ill have to get back to you. :laugh:

Although, I (somewhat) jokingly say that THIS would be the perfect way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoaOmhnhqZs
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Never been proposed too. Ill have to get back to you. :laugh:

Although, I (somewhat) jokingly say that THIS would be the perfect way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoaOmhnhqZs

ahhh yes! That would be awesome. lol
  • Andi67
    Andi67 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I dream of never being proposed to again. Twice was quite enough. :smile:
    Ditto! Once was enough, still payin for that mistake!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You're right, it does depend on the person.

Personally, I would hate to be proposed to in public. And I wouldn't want something fancy shmancy either.

Something simple. With nobody involved.

I really love that leaving notes in different languages throughout the house thing though. That's cute (mostly b/c it's perfectly tailored to me and what I love).
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this counts but the second time he asked was actually better than the first. He had secretly entered us into some Valentines day contest with a local radio station. They were awarding 50 couples with free vow renewals at Stone Mountain. So he wrote a really lovely letter about how great I was and how much he loved me and sent it in. It got selected. So on the day the renewals were happening, he said get dressed I'm taking you somewhere today. I asked a million times where were we going and he didn't tell me. Stone Mountain was where we honeymooned at so it was a special place and I was happy when we arrived. He asked me to marry him again there in front of Stone Mountain and we renewed our vows on Valentines Day in the snow with 49 other couples. That was for our 10th year together and my most favorite valentines day so far.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i think something obviously planned lol.

i would hate if it werent really special lol...it has to be special and obvious that he *might* propose. Like, "Oh hey...im gonna take you to an amazing restaurant, gift you LV, and go to the amusement park and then a spa together :D"

I want to know he put thought into how to go about it ^^