I don't know what to do anymore.

Options
I'm one of those "don't let the scale define you" kind of person, but I never take my own advice. Going back to the scale after a whole month of avoiding it did not give me the greatest feeling. I honestly do not feel like doing this anymore. I worked so hard this month and did everything by the book, but I still did not lose. I don't see the point in it.

Replies

• norcalrv
    norcalrv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When you get the answer to this one, please let me know. I have the same problem. Discouraging, isn't it. I have been told to just stay with it and it will work. Good luck.
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    I'm one of those "don't let the scale define you" kind of person, but I never take my own advice. Going back to the scale after a whole month of avoiding it did not give me the greatest feeling. I honestly do not feel like doing this anymore. I worked so hard this month and did everything by the book, but I still did not lose. I don't see the point in it.
    well, in that month what have you been doing? building muscle? you would not necessarily see a decrease in total body weight, but you may feel a difference in your clothes.
    have you been faithful to your nutrition and exercise?
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    PUSH THROUGH IT!
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What about other things you can measure? Did you lose inches on your thighs or waist? Do your pants feel loser? Can you run/walk further than you could before or do it without heavy breathing?

If you did a lot of strength training exercises, you might not have a drop in weight if you body is building muscle. Since muscle is denser than fat though, you could weigh the same, but look slimmer.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    well, in that month what have you been doing? building muscle? you would not necessarily see a decrease in total body weight, but you may feel a difference in your clothes.
    have you been faithful to your nutrition and exercise?

I went over my calorie limit two days this month by about 200 calories each time. I exercise an hour a day (walking, running, Shred) and drank my water.
    What about other things you can measure? Did you lose inches on your thighs or waist? Do your pants feel loser? Can you run/walk further than you could before or do it without heavy breathing?

If you did a lot of strength training exercises, you might not have a drop in weight if you body is building muscle. Since muscle is denser than fat though, you could weigh the same, but look slimmer.

I did not lose inches anywhere except in my neck (which I don't get). My pants feel the same, but I can't do more reps than usual. I know building muscle is good, but still...
  • JB1986
    Options
    I have been avoiding the scales and focusing on measurements. i find the scales are mean to me but measurements have been nice so i am sticking to it.
  • paniologal
    paniologal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Don't get too discouraged! You can beat the plateau.

Did you go over your sodium limit? Even if you drink plenty of water, if you're over the sodium limit you may retain that. I read somewhere too that getting enough sleep is important in weight loss.

Finally, have you changed your calorie goal? Sometimes after you lose weight, you need to eat less calories during the day.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I know it can be hard. Trust me. Have you visited a doctor at all to see if you have any metabolic issues? You might also be on medication that is causing problems. The only other thing I can think of (probably the easiest thing to do) is switch up your routine a little bit. Eat new foods or zig zag calories, try a different type of workout (Zumba or kickboxing or simple weight training, anaerobic stuff is good for you too).

Sorry I'm not more helpful. <3 Definitely push through it though. Next month will be better - if not, you really ought to get a blood panel or something. :)
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Awww *hugs* losing weight is never easy :( I admit that sometimes I wish things could be easy, but we have to face the reality. I felt so disappointed yesterday when I weigh myself after a week. I didn't lose any weight, but.... I didn't gain any weight either. Even though I didn't gain weight, I'm so disappointed that I spent so many hours in watching what I eat and also joining every cardio exercise classes possible. and yet, I didn't lose any weight :/

But this time, I am not gonna give up because I know once I give up I'll make the biggest mistakes of my life. Since I vowed to do this, I am not gonna give up until I get to my goal.

Everyone can do it. It's only matter of time, and it's your own will. Don't give up!
  • fightingforfiftyfive
    Options

STORY OF MY LIFE
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I feel a little bit better. ^.^