I have officially fallen off the Dukan bandwagon

I was doing so well but the last week or so consisted of roast dinners and takeaways which is really unlike me, but im just soooo bored with "clean" eating. its expensive and i really cant stomach any more eggs or chicken.

i need to get back on it but i need some tips on how to stay focused! i lost nearly a stone when i was focused but i get complacent and then start to slack.

HELP

Replies

• TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    As in the Dukan diet? Ignore that crap.

Anywho, eating 'clean' really isn't that expensive, it certainly can't be more expensive than takeaways. Try searching for some recipes and mixing it up a little. Replace chicken with Turkey or Tuna Steaks.

Edit: Also, you're a brit, so I know takeaways are going to be more expensive than eating clean.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i dont understand what is unhealthy about a roast dinner?!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    im allergic to turkey, and low carb works for me so thats why i like the dukan. i guess im just bored of the same stuff. I miss rice and pasta!!!! lol
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Then have rice and pasta, just do it in smaller quantities...
    Plus, from what I know about the Dukan diet, that introduces carbs as part of one of its steps, you can't escape them!

Keep at it, you look hot in your profile pic.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    as far as i know turkey isnt the only meat you can roast...

no offence but if you miss rice and pasta then low carb obviously doesnt work for you!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 582 Member
    I agree. It's kinda hard, but you can do it! Check out this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292259-dukan-it-out-the-dukan-diet

Also, did you buy the book? There are some recipes for both foods and sauces/dressings (mayo, bbq, etc) that might spice up your meals. And be sure to google and look for other dukan sites/forums because people share recipes that maybe you'll like.
  • There are some fantastic blogs with recipes and motivation out there on the web. I am also on the Dukan Diet and feel the need for the odd noodle in my prawn soup or other form of carb.
    Do you like fish? Salmon, prawns, mussels etc are a great way to 'treat' yourself to a change.
    Well done on the stone loss! Keep at it xx
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Dukan is a fad diet anyway.. So I'd stop doing it as soon as possible.

Also, why can't you just count calories and eat normal food, but just eat lower carb in general? I think that is an option...
  • I'm doing the Blogilates 90 Day Challenge diet at the moment and it's fabulous! Give it a go :)
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    What drew you to Ducan in the first place? There are a number of low carb diets, so I'm interested why this one (which might help us to inspire you again!)

I'm really enjoying Ducan because it is easy. I'm extremely busy with work, and I really don't have to think about what to eat, but it is so easy to get bored. I love the pancakes. I cook them in the oven in silicon cake tins so they don;t stick, and then use them like a wrap - with spicy chicken for example, or tuna and ducal mayo.

Also, make the most of the PV days (and if you feel yourself about to fall off the wagon, you could just do these back to back, its much better than takeaways).

Cost wise - shop carefully. I use frozen chicken breast (3.99 kg at Tesco), fish sticks (under a pound), Value Tuna (a few pence), Smoked salmon trimmings (about 80p), and eggs. (But I know you are bored of these!)

But others have a very good point - if you really miss rice and pasta maybe this isn't the diet for you anymore. Calorie counting allows everything, but if you want something more structured, a quick google search will bring up lots of options.

good luck
    Jodye
  • Jo2926

Cost wise - shop carefully. I use frozen chicken breast (3.99 kg at Tesco), fish sticks (under a pound), Value Tuna (a few pence), Smoked salmon trimmings (about 80p), and eggs. (But I know you are bored of these!)

I should also say that I get veg from Aldi for PV days which is always really cheep, and I like it better than big name supermarkets.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    ok first off, i didnt write this post for people to tell me its a fad diet... its not. it works and i like doing it.

i guess i only miss carbs the last week cos iv been fluey, but once i eat them i feel sooooo heavy and lathergic and when i eat protein and veg i feel great. its basically cos it is so expensive to keep stocking up on meat and fish and i have two people to feed.

i dont live anywhere near an aldi, i think the nearest is about 40 mins away and i would go to costco and stock up but i only have a small freezer as we rent.

iv read the book, iv been doing it for over a month now and the results are amazing, i jsut need to change it up a bit. i guess im more bored with the same old same old

i will deffo do the protein only days back to back when i fall off the wagon. thanks for the advice :o)
  • Jo2926
    it works and i like doing it.

Keep telling yourself this over and over - like a positive mantra.

i guess i only miss carbs the last week cos iv been fluey, but once i eat them i feel sooooo heavy and lathergic and when i eat protein and veg i feel great. its basically cos it is so expensive to keep stocking up on meat and fish and i have two people to feed.

Its not easy, especially with 2 of you. Are you both following ducan? My OH isn't so I always fill his plate with potatoes/bread/rice so I don;t have to use quite as much meat!
    i jsut need to change it up a bit. i guess im more bored with the same old same old

A change is as good as a holiday! You can do this - you know you feel better when you eat like this, but I know its hard. GOOD LUCK
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    ok first off, i didnt write this post for people to tell me its a fad diet... its not. it works and i like doing it.

fad diet
    noun
    a reducing diet that enjoys temporary popularity

AKA Dukan Diet, HCG, Atkins and the list goes on and on and on...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member

fad diet
    noun
    a reducing diet that enjoys temporary popularity

AKA Dukan Diet, HCG, Atkins and the list goes on and on and on...
    This always drives me nuts. The word "fad" is abused when pertaining to diets. For example, Atkins has been around for 35 years. That's not "temporary" by any stretch of the imagination. It may have swings in popularity, but there have always been plenty of people having success following the lifestyle, if they have the temperament to make it a permanent one.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    I have also started the Dukan Diet and I share a lot of your same concerns. My grocery bill has went way up, so I find myself making lists before I go to the store and looking up recipes that will last the longest in fridge.

Have you tried Shirataki noodles? I personally don't care for them, but I am pretty sure they are allowed on the diet. They are made of tofu and might be able to give you enough of a carb fix if you make it in the right dish.

I have found that the sugar free Jello snacks are saving me from giving into dessert cravings. They are delicious and only 60 calories a pack!

I'd love to share recipes with other Dukan fans. You really need to be creavtive so you don't get bored, but all in all, I am very happy with the program. And if anyone wants to call it a 'fad diet' then whatever, let them. You do what works for you!

Best of luck to you! :drinker: