Hi Im New – a few questions please

Options
Hi im Lucy and new to Fitnesspal – I have a question or 2!!

When you log your exercise down, do you have to consume all the extra calories that day or over the week to loose weight, not sure how it works, and also I go on the cross-trainer a lot, but what is it logged in exercise listing as?

Many thanks

Lucy x

Replies

• Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy,

The cross trainer is under "elliptical trainer" in the cardio listings....

There is some debate about "eating back" your workout calories, it seems that most think it is a good idea, with good food choices (obvs) as it keeps your metabolism kicking over and your body doesn't go into starvation mode.

Good luck with your journey!

Kx
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Lucy, hi and welcome!

You are going to get a lot of mixed messages about this but ultimately its down to you and how your body works/adapts

I started of not eating my exercise calories and it worked fine and i wasnt hungry - some people feell they need them and they eat them and it works fine and some people eat around half!

I think majority would say to eat them. See how you go, if you can eat all of them and still loose every week then great for you! if you find its not working then maybe cut down to eating half or none - you have to find the right balance for you and your body

I dont think you can simply get a yes or no answer as you will probably see by the mixed responses you may get :)

Sometimes, i eat all my cals back for a week and the next week i wont - keeps my metabolism working well i find!

xx

p.s i think cross trainer is under eliptical?
  • LucyCarvall
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies for the quick responses!!!

I love going to the personal trainer – but will add healthier options to my extra calories then, I'm on 1,200 a day, I have been doing SW and enjoying it, but need to tighten it all about a bit, haven't lost loads of weight, but loads of inches instead!!!

Would love some buddies for motivation and advise, I have a LOT to loose!!!!
  • Aussieheidi
    Options
    Hi Lucy - happy to add you for support :)