1,000 minutes of exercise in November! open to all!

Options
a few MFP friends and I are doing this challenge, though we're doing it on fleetly so I'm unsure if we'd want to update this thread or not, but I'm making it anyway just so we can use it! and so we can open it to more people!
the fleetly group: http://www.fleetly.com/challenges/197/
the endomondo challenge: http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/2845304
and feel free to just post here and snag the picture from my signature if you want to join us on here!

Replies

• billtownsend
    billtownsend Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :)
    Do I need to friend you to keep track of this posting?
    Thanks, Bill
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    nah bill, you don't, though I'm always down for more MFP friends! I'd recommend adding it to your favorites, cause it'll show on your profile if it's one of the last 2 threads you posted in, but you're probably going to post in more throughout the month!

thanks for joining! :)
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    sounds great. :)
    i'm in.
  • rtsallie
    Options
    I am in!
  • merryfaith
    Options
    bumping cause we start tomorrow! anyone else want to burn off that halloween candy? I wasn't expecting to eat as much at my school's celebration as I actually did. whoops.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine suggested this also! I am in! However, I am going to make it a bit more specific and say 1000 minutes of CARDIO. That's 16.7 hours of cardio. I think I can make it!
  • Rtolsma717
    Options
    This will be my first challenge.. but im in!!! :) I need MFP friends.. add me! :)
  • merryfaith
    Options
    A friend of mine suggested this also! I am in! However, I am going to make it a bit more specific and say 1000 minutes of CARDIO. That's 16.7 hours of cardio. I think I can make it!
    you can do it! I do mainly elliptical workouts (LOVE my elliptical!) so I'm going to try to go for an hour on it if I can (been working up to that) and also start doing some strength training. I always save the workouts from health magazines and even have a fitness board on pinterest with a bunch on there, but I always chicken out because I'm so afraid of doing something with incorrect form and then hurting myself.

I've also been challenged to do the 30 day shred every day in november, so I'm gonna try and do that as many days as I can as well!
  • merryfaith
    Options
    This will be my first challenge.. but im in!!! :) I need MFP friends.. add me! :)
    just did!
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Friend requested some of you. hope you guys don't mind. I'm always looking for more friends that can help motivate me!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    OK - I joined but how do we log our minutes?
  • merryfaith
    Options
    wherever you want to, basically. you can use this thread if you don't want to join endomondo or fleetly just for this, or you can use those sites, if you'd like. if you joined fleetly, they don't do challenges by minutes but by points, so you kind of are keeping track of it yourself, but it does too, just not for the challenge? whereas endomondo at least allows challenges that measure in time.

sorry it's kind of confusing. they're all just encouraging and a little competitive, so that's helping me be motivated, at least, but it may not be what you want to do.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I hope I stay on track. I just did the math and I think it's totally possible. I just gotta get off my booty and do the work. This will just give me another reason to do so.
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    IN. And very afraid.
  • DiamondInTheDirt
    DiamondInTheDirt Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • mattellis2
    Options
    we did something similar last month right here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357995-1000-minutes-challenge-october

I'm in for this one, too.

-matt
  • Mkrug221
    Options
    I'm in.
  • merryfaith
    Options
    yay! we have quite a few people in it looks like! happy first day, everyone!

and if anyone does want to use this in their signature, feel free to:

2egfrwj.jpg
  • merryfaith
    Options
    MOVING/MERGING THREADS! because molly's is getting way more replies, sorry guys.
    GO HERE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/382028-1000-minutes-in-november and add it it your favorites!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Im in! Lets do this!