calories...

Options
okay i'm assigned about 4,000 calories a day! yesterday for example i only had about 900 as was eating more fruit and veg and salad, i also excercise each day too not much but make sure i do something which also shoves the calories up, any tips on how to get my calories to around 1200 (read the newbie thread and at the momonet i'm about in the 'starvation' mode)

Replies

• lauri007
    lauri007 Posts: 16
    Options
    okay i'm assigned about 4,000 calories a day! yesterday for example i only had about 900 as was eating more fruit and veg and salad, i also excercise each day too not much but make sure i do something which also shoves the calories up, any tips on how to get my calories to around 1200 (read the newbie thread and at the momonet i'm about in the 'starvation' mode)
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    wait I am confused....your assigned 4000 cals.....................and then you mentioned 1200 cals.....that is not right...is it???

4000 is an awful lot of cals. I think I am lost.

:flowerforyou:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Im a little confuddled... your at 4000cals a day? But your not reachin 1,200? mm... :huh:
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm a bit confused too.. 4,000 calories a day???
  • Lookgreat
    Lookgreat Posts: 63
    Options
    I think you made a mistake - 4000 cal !!! Did you , by any chance , mean 1400 calories ?
  • busiebodie
    Options
    what did you do to stop smoking and how long have you smoked before quitting.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yep, 4000 calories a day doesn't sound right. In any case, 900 is probably too low.
  • lauri007
    Options
    i think my daily food intake thing on here must be wrong, have tried having a play and it still syas over 3000 cal! :explode:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    What do you have your goals set at? That might help. Maybe there is something there that is clicked that is making your calorie count so high?

Even for me at maintenance and pregnant AND when I exercise it is never more than in the low to mid 2,000 range (depending on what I burn working out).
  • lauri007
    Options
    sorted it thanks :smile: for some reason it thought i was 16 foot tall! :laugh:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Silly silly :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    lol, well that would do it.
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

That will do it!
    When I first joined I just guessed at my starting weight and height, thinking it wouldn't matter much in the beginning, and that was the wrong thing to do. When I went back and put in my real height, only 1.5 inches shorter than I guessed at, it changed me to 40 calories less each day. I was amazed that it would cut back that much for only 1.5 inches.
    Now we know what a 16 foot tall person would need to eat. :D