November spinathon!

Options
Ok, I already have another challenge going on, so this one isn't going to be so detailed! What was I thinking was for the month of November have a spinathon. You can use this post to keep track of your miles and such.So use this as an excuse to go to a spin class or even jump on a bike and push yourself! You can burn 400-500+ calories in 40 minutes. here is a useful website about spinning>>>http://www.spinning.com/spinning-enthusiasts/spinning-program-faq.asp. Miles preferable should come from spinning but I guess cycling outside is just as good too! Well good luck everyone!
Some videos... I know the videos look super cheesy, you wont really know till you go but it can be super intense!
1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPhOJI3M2_0&feature=related
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDkxacxfyY&feature=related
3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hBdd7ECpVo&feature=related

Below is a banner if you want it, change the capitol IMG to lowercase img :heart:
vBAnL.jpg

Replies

• jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    oh great!!! Spinning has turned into my new fav. thing, I went just this morning :)... Is this just to see how many miles we get in November or are you setting a goal to attain?
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Hi..
    I cannot get to the link?
    I would like to join? x
    Sarah
    UK
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    what link? The banner?
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    I guess just to get as many miles as you can, if you want you can post your goal you want to attain in here. But I started another challenge starting soon so I don't want to watch over two you know?
  • Nebu10us
    Options
    This seems like an awesome idea! :)
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd be on for this as long as RPM counts as spinning!
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    Not sure what RPM is but sure haha :tongue:
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Seriously OP you should get a smaller signature, had to scroll through all that crap which makes me feel avoiding this thread all together.
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    Whos ready to start?! Spinathon officially starts today!!!!! :flowerforyou: :laugh: :wink:
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I did my first ever spin class on Sunday and now my quads are FUBAR'd!
    If I can log my road miles, then I am in - even though Today I am forced to work from home due to the legs, so no milage :(
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    Yes, I guess you can put your road miles in but like I said before Hopefully the primary source of miles can come from spin! :happy: The first few spin classes are the worst haha Good luck!
  • Ant_M76
    Options
    But how do you know the distance from spinning class, if there are no computers on the bikes? I can estimate that 45 mins might be 12 - 15 miles or so?
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    But how do you know the distance from spinning class, if there are no computers on the bikes? I can estimate that 45 mins might be 12 - 15 miles or so?

I have the same problem. I plan on asking the teacher. A rough estimate is fine Im sure. As long as you dont inlfate it a little. Ha Ha!

Good luck everyone!

IM totally in!!!!

Mallorie
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    its like 12 to as high as 19 depending how many sprints you do. The bikes we have tell you how far but you teacher would most likely know! :D
  • Ant_M76
    Options
    Ok, thx.
  • jesilva80
    Options
    I did my first ever spin class on Sunday and now my quads are FUBAR'd!
    If I can log my road miles, then I am in - even though Today I am forced to work from home due to the legs, so no milage :(

I hated my first class, my inside thighs hurt so bad !! But, that was 3 weeks ago, and it does get better, after about 3 times, IMO. Now I really like it. :)
  • jesilva80
    Options
    2 road miles today, couldnt get to the gym, but going tomorrow :sad:
  • Ant_M76
    Options
    Legs still on fire but better than Yesterday ;-) Had to get the train in to work this morning though, so that's 2 days with no miles (44 miles lost) ;-(
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    Did 25 miless on Tuesday with an hour of spin then 20 minutes by myself!
  • cdomoe
    cdomoe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    20 miles from spin with about 20 mins from on my own. spin class again tomorrow. the class is hard at first but so worth it. after a few you learn to have a love hate relationship.