Walk of shame

YVL93
YVL93 Posts: 121
Yup, it was Halloween yesterday. Many of you , like myself, probably convinced yourself that it was a holiday. and when it's a holiday, even if it's Halloween, we forget our goals and just want to indulge. I " indulged" in maybe 15 pieces of candy. I feel like crap this morning and the sugar didn't let me sleep well at all. So I'm Ganna remember this once thanksgiving and heist as rolls around. Hopefully I can keep November junk free So long mr Reese's , almond joy , Hersey kitkat m&m

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    it happens!!

i know what you mean! i've done it many of times!

way to shake it off and just remember that later you feel like crap b/c of all the sugar!
  • he he he....good job for getting back "on the wagon" though ! ! !
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    LOL its 5am and its still my halloween. I ate some candy, AND half a large soda at the movie theater too! Its okay, I am excited to hit the gym tomorrow night!!!!!!
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    I hear ya!
    I felt terrible last night after polishing off the candy I didn't hand out. But I'm glad its gone and out of my house so the haopefully there's less temptation now.
    Since I'm in Canada our Thanksgiving already kicked my *kitten*... so I've gotta stay on track until Christmas. My birthday is in there too, but I'm hoping to keep it relatively on track. We'll see!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Holidays aren't an excuse. This is a dangerous time of the year for many people who will blame it on the holidays. The holidays don't force one to put garbage into their body or overeat. If anything, once November rolls in, now is the time to step up your workout routines as winter moves in and we have a tendency to want to gain weight.

Good luck.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    I indulged a bit yesterday.
    But I also had about 900 spare calories left over from the weekend, I don't think too much about it.
    Today I'll kick butt at the gym.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 410 Member
    Good luck with the holidays - my memories of last weeks sodium and fat fest helped me eat only two halloween treats yesterday! :happy:
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Yep, I did the same thing too last night; though not with candy, but rather with M&M cookies I made. I ate a bunch of dough and a few cookies too. My stomach hurt last night and I felt like crappola to boot! Then I entered everything into my diary this morning and learned that one cookie packed about 240 cals (and times that by like 7!) It was terrible! But today is a new day and a fresh start, so don't beat yourself up about it...I'm not!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    The title of this thread was misleading.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    May you get spanked 10 times with a Twizzler candy string....:tongue:
  • The title of this thread was misleading.

Agreed!

I forgot it was Halloween, I only remembered when I went to the gym and all the trainers were dressed up. One guy was dressed as Old Greg, I thought that was pretty cool, that is the extent that I cared to be honest!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    The title of this thread was misleading.

:laugh: right!?

Anywho... I did that walk this morning too.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I'm supposed to feel shame for indulging once in a while? I didn't get this memo...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Feeling shame about food is not very healthy. I feel shame when I am a ****ty friend or when I scream at my kids.....never about food.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    I'm supposed to feel shame for indulging once in a while? I didn't get this memo...

I must have deleted mine. haha I ate 3 pieces of candy. Woo!
  • I only had two pieces of candy, but I had 8 beers and 3 shots of Crown. Not really a walk of shame this morning, more like a stumble of slop......blarg!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    i indulged. i had two peices. i logged them. i had pizza for dinner b/c we're too busy and not in the house on halloween, and that's now the tradition. i logged it. i feel shame about none of this. it's my favorite holiday. you know what i did? kicked *kitten* in the gym this morning.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    I worked out and used the 600ish calories on chocolate bars and crunchy cheetos. I enjoyed the whole day, from carving pumpkins, handing out treats and watching Halloween wars. I slept great. :)
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Feeling shame or guilt for a day of indulgence isn't good. This isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle change, or should be, that line of thinking makes eating anything "bad" a sin. I honestly don't eat candy or over indulge very often at all, but I don't want to develop a lifestyle that disallows anything "bad" just because it isn't something we should eat everyday or even every week.
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Yep, I did the same thing too last night; though not with candy, but rather with M&M cookies I made. I ate a bunch of dough and a few cookies too. My stomach hurt last night and I felt like crappola to boot! Then I entered everything into my diary this morning and learned that one cookie packed about 240 cals (and times that by like 7!) It was terrible! But today is a new day and a fresh start, so don't beat yourself up about it...I'm not!

Same here. I hit an an all time low-- weight wise and then enjoyed way too much candy and I'm up 4lbs. Bummer. But like everyone is saying--Today's a new day. Gonna eat healthy and workout. Just going to keep with it. Life happens.
    Have a great day!!!!
    Cristi