Howdy Folks.

Oberone
Oberone Posts: 12
edited October 4 in Introduce Yourself
Not used to posting on here, but thought I'd try it. I tend to use my size (6'4" and 344 lbs) as a defense mechanism. I'm big and burly and as a result people leave me pretty much alone. I'm approaching 40 (next year) and thought I'd do some review to see where I am in my life, what I like and don't like. The introspection/reflection helped me realize the underlying reasons for some of my weight. I am making changes to correct it. It's not a diet, it's a change in lifestyle. My first goal is not a weight goal or something out of my control. My first goal for my lifestyle change is if I'm out and running around town, I can't go home until I go by the gym. I don't have to work out. I don't have to sweat or exercise. I have to go to the gym and go through the door. Then I can go home. The goal is to just get in the habit of going to the gym daily and / or several times a week. I find I don't mind working out once I'm there, but getting there is the battle.

Goal1: Go to the gym before going home when you're out and running. Only has to be one time per day.

Replies

• That's a great goal! Welcome...And good luck......
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Hi! That is a great goal. For me I have to have goals. My very first goal was just to walk to the end of the street. It took me 2 different days to get that done. Once I saw I could do it I kept pushing myself and now I can walk 5 miles doing some jogging in between the walking I might add :happy:
    You can do anything once you get your mind around it. I have joined a gym myself and that is so different for me but I am willing to give it a try. Good Luck :laugh:

Mary
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    My first goal was to walk a mile. It took me over an hour and I huffed and puffed and had cramps in my side. Now I can walk 3 miles in less than an hour. You will get there. Increase what you do a baby step at a time every day.
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Hello!! I have the same issue with the gym. I hate it. If I can talk myself into getting there I'm usually alright, but getting there is tough. One night I got ready, drove down there...and kept driving. Ended up at Burger King. Yeah, cause that's helping right? :noway: Got off to a rough start, things are getting better....but I still hate going to the gym. I've found that cheesey work out video's in the comfort of my own home work better for me. Good luck!!
  • Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say "HELLO!" I'm excited to be here.
This discussion has been closed.