I'm finally going to admit this, I'm addicted to...

Options
The snooze button!!! Ahhhh! Seriously, what is wrong with me? I snooze for an hour and only leave myself about 40 minutes to get ready for work?! Its not normal and is really starting to take its toll on me. It messes everything up: I'm late for work, groggy, achy, I don't eat right and never feel like working out. No matter how much I tell myself "Danielle, just get up! Make a cup of coffee. Watch the news. Do some situps!!!", it never works! Does anyone else have this problem??? HELP!!!

Replies

• 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I can relate, you Have to break the habit. I do this by leaving myself absolutely no time to snooze (say it takes me half an hour to travel, I set my alarm for 35 minutes before the arrival time, if I snooze, even once, I'll be late). Be strong.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    My husband does. And it drives me CRAZY! LOL......Why not set it for a half an hour later, and when it goes off, just flat out get out of bed? The extra 1/2 hr will very likely be enough and you will probably feel a whole lot better! Broken sleep stinks! :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    ahh hahaha me too boo ;(
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    When I haven't been exercising, or I have been staying up too late, I could stay in bed for ages - but I have a 2 year old who will sit up in bed yelling Mummy Mummy Mummy til I go get him!!

Drink more water before you go to bed - nothing like a full bladder to get you up!!
  • heidisbeeman
    Options
    That sounds exactly like me!! LOL Try putting the alarm clock across the room so you have to get up to hit snooze.
  • jk051861
    jk051861 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yep, I too hit the snooze too many times. The solution? Move the alarm clock out of reach. You have to get up to turn it off.
  • Crissena
    Crissena Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle, have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?? It can cause a ton of problems, waking up feeling unrested, memory loss, weight gain, high blood pressure and so much more! I had severe headaches for years when I woke up and finally figured out that I had sleep apnea. Might not be your problem too, but never hurts to get more info. on it. Good luck! ~Crissena
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I hit snooze for about 45 minutes every morning and it's getting even harder to get out of bed in the morning now that it's cold and dark outside when the alarm goes off!
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Move the clock across the room so you have to get up to turn it off. I know I am not a morning person and I am not going to do to much before I leave for work but get dressed so I set my alarm to get me up when I have to get up. I HATE THE SNOOZE, and 99% of the time I wake up before the alarm and turn it off and get up.
  • lisamarie124
    Options
    I have this problem all the time...but even worse im a stay at home mother so i can be as lazy as i want to be...i find that if i set small goals for my self (eg. 2 loads of laundry and vaccum) i get my engine running and tend to end up doin 4 loads of laundry vaccum, dust, go to the store...and so on...try one thing at a time....try getting up 10 min earlier everyday....then try 10 situps...and i think ull find youself felling better and it will get easier.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I solved this by tricking myself. I still snooze for an hour, but I start the alarm an hour before I have to be up. It works most days, but every once in awhile I remember and instead snooze for two hours. :laugh:
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I do the same thing!! I will first reset my alarm, then snooze another 45 minutes. I'd get more sleep if I just slept right through, but it's an addiction!! I've done it since I was in high school and don't know how to stop!

This morning I knew I shouldn't snooze the last time, but I did anyway.... I was almost late to a meeting! The only reason I wasn't is because it started late.

I NEED HELP, TOO!!!!! :embarassed: