upper arm R: 13 in
    Waist (natural): 32 in
    Waist (just below belly button) : 39 in
    hips: 43.5 in
    thigh L: High-27 in Mid-22.5
    thigh R: High-27 Mid-23.5 in
    calf L: 14.5
    calf R: 15

Just finished the first workout! Ugh, it kills my calfs but I managed. I'm not the greatest at doing the push-ups, so I do one on my toes, then one on my knees, I switch back and forth each time. I can't wait to see the results in 30 days! I'm going to stick to it more than one week this time!!!!

I do have a question...Are you suppose to take any rest days, or do you just do 10 days of each level with no break?

Most people I know take a rest day and well I always take a rest day because I give my body time to relax. My rest day will be on Sundays so hence the reason I will not be done with mine until Dec. 3 and posting my final stats no later then that Monday.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have 5 lb weights for some stuff but I can't do everything with that but I don't have smaller weights so I have a can of soup and a can of fire roasted tomatoes. How about you?

well I used 5 lb weights as well but couldn't do all the shoulder exercises so maybe I need to downgrade to the 3lb or maybe soup cans tomorrow so that I can complete the repetitions! Good idea!
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    L1D1 complete. A little tough but I got through it.
  • chrissygrape
    chrissygrape Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm historically inaccurate at taking my measurements :( so I will just post my starting weight and goal weight. Not that I expect to get there with this challenge alone ...

Starting weight: 125
    Goal weight: 115
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was pretty good. Cant do a push up to save my life lol hoping to change that. I'll post my stats tom, hope everyone had a great first day :)
  • Rewinds
    Options
    Weow just completed it. I'm terrible at the ab stuff and I keep using my neck so have to work on that :P

Here are my 'before' photos. I'll take more at 15 days and then final at 30 days :3
    I'm doing my regular cardio as well.

I'm not going to uh embed them because I can't say I'm that proud of having my ghostly skin tainting the thread :P

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/923/photoon20111101at1524.jpg
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/429/photoon20111101at15252.jpg
    http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3755/photoon20111101at1525.jpg
    http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1986/photoon20111101at15253.jpg

What do you put the workout under in the exercise log?
  • keggen
    keggen Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I put circuit training, but only for 20 minutes so I don't count the warm up & cool down.
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    So, I wasn't able to start last night, After moving rooms all weekend, plus scaring people in a haunted forest for 4 hrs sunday night and a killer derby practice last night I just couldn't do it. So I'm gonna get it done tonight! :) Only 1 day behind, isn't so bad.
  • chugglebunny
    Options
    I'm in! I was planning on doing this anyway this month, so motivation is great.

I'm on UK time though and it's 1.25pm here on the 1st. I'm going to do it every evening for the month, but Wednesday are my rest days and weigh days so i'll update weekly too.

I'm going to take a photo tonight and i'll take one at the end.

I'm starting at 202.5lbs and would like to loose 7lbs and tone up. I'm 5'3.

We can go this guys!
  • Moms3Kwa
    Options
    How do you log 30 day shred on your exercise diary?

Thanks
  • amandaf625
    Options
    OMG this group has so many people. I did not expect this at all. Not complaining just saying. Welcome everyone I hope all of your day 1's went well (at least for those who started). I have to do my day 1 still but I don't mind doing a later workout. Had a lot of running around to do today so couldn't really workout at my normal time. For all of you starting tomorrow good luck!

As of right now we have about 42 people in this group. That is the most I've ever had but I wouldn't call it so much of a challenge as a support group that we weight in weekly and post our measurements. It will definitely help all of us stay motivated.

I wish all of you great success and I look forward to getting to know all of you. If you do not wish to post in the topic about how your days/week is going please at least check in on Sundays when all of you info should be posted.

If at any point you no longer wish to be in this group please just let me know. Everyone has a life and in life things can happen so again please just let me know.

Thanks and happy shredding!!

Erica

Day 1 is always a blast... I did 3 days last week with Saturday & Sunday off so this Day 1 did not feel as bad as my first day ever... still tough though! I am excited to see where this takes me! Best of luck to everyone!! :)

Erica, should we post on this thread every Monday for weigh in/measurement days? Or does anyone know if there is a way to start another thread with only the people in the group? Not to exclude anyone... just curious if there's a way to make it easier to read through. I'm still a newbie, ya know:)
  • helen2307
    helen2307 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just taken my measurements. All ready to start today :o)

Weight:180
    Waist: 35
    Hips: 43
    R Thigh: 24.5
    L Thigh: 25
    Arms: 13
    Chest: 40
    Calf: 16
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    So I just realized weigh in days are Mondays. Blah! I usually weigh in on Fridays, but I think I will change it to Mondays. Knowing that I have to post on Monday is a little scary, but maybe it will keep me more honest and motivated on the weekends. Just finished my pilates and run for the day. Tonight Day 2 of 30DS :)
  • loreleijade
    loreleijade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm just about to leave work so I'll do the workout and then post my stats in about 3 hours I think.
    Last night I ended up trying to start after all, but I only managed to get through the first 10 min so I'm gonna consider today Day 1.

I love to see so many people that have the same goal, I hope I'll be able to keep up.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Ok, I couldn't start yesterday, but this morning I did level 1....I found it easy to do...did not feel challenged at all...Will post my measurements tomorrow morning...
  • pkotterman
    pkotterman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Post your current weight

measurements will be for chest (bust), upper arms, waist (natural),pant line, hips, and thighs. (If there are any men who are joining you will not be measuring your natural waist line that is only for the females.)

There's 2 options for posting weight and measurements.

1) Post every week (I feel it'll keep me more accountable so this is what I'm choosing) 10/31.11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 11/28, 12/5

2) Weigh in/measure three times during the challenge. 10/31, 11/14, 12/5

Because I will be taking Sundays off (I'm guessing all of you will be as well) the final weight in/measurements will be December 5th.

I have never done the 30 Day Shred before soI am excited to have a group to do it with!
    Weight- 155
    Chest-42
    upper arm- 11.5
    waist-35
    pantline-43
    hips-42.5
    thighs-23.5

Ready to GO!
  • Tsdennis
    Tsdennis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 Completed. WHEEEEEEEEW! Yesterday I had no problems doing push ups today it was so hard. I did not realize my arms were sore until I tried to do the push up. Well hope everyone gets through our second day.
  • ecronick
    Options
    OMG this group has so many people. I did not expect this at all. Not complaining just saying. Welcome everyone I hope all of your day 1's went well (at least for those who started). I have to do my day 1 still but I don't mind doing a later workout. Had a lot of running around to do today so couldn't really workout at my normal time. For all of you starting tomorrow good luck!

As of right now we have about 42 people in this group. That is the most I've ever had but I wouldn't call it so much of a challenge as a support group that we weight in weekly and post our measurements. It will definitely help all of us stay motivated.

I wish all of you great success and I look forward to getting to know all of you. If you do not wish to post in the topic about how your days/week is going please at least check in on Sundays when all of you info should be posted.

If at any point you no longer wish to be in this group please just let me know. Everyone has a life and in life things can happen so again please just let me know.

Thanks and happy shredding!!

Erica

Day 1 is always a blast... I did 3 days last week with Saturday & Sunday off so this Day 1 did not feel as bad as my first day ever... still tough though! I am excited to see where this takes me! Best of luck to everyone!! :)

Erica, should we post on this thread every Monday for weigh in/measurement days? Or does anyone know if there is a way to start another thread with only the people in the group? Not to exclude anyone... just curious if there's a way to make it easier to read through. I'm still a newbie, ya know:)

Yes hun I am going to start a closed topic right now and include only the people who are in the group as of right now. At this point no one can join. Just way to many people to try and keep up with. In the new topic we can chat about our progress as well as post our weekly weights/measurements. As soon as it is created I will post the link in here so everyone can use that one. :)
  • ecronick
    Options
    Alright everyone here is our new topic to post in. PLEASE DO NOT POST IN HERE ANYMORE!! I CREATED A CLOSED GROUP TOPIC!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/382374-november-30-day-shredders-closed-group
  • shanaevans84
    Options
    Yes you can buy it at walmart under $10.00 :D
    [/quote]

Thanks!!!