Quorn

Options
I just bought some quorn burgers and looked up quorn online when I got home. Now i'm scared to eat it! Has anyone become sick from eating it? Does anyone love it?

Replies

• docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    i discovered quorn a few weeks ago, and have used it a lot. it fills me up and doesn't have too many calories. I've fed it to the family and they haven't noticed the difference. (just had quorn curry for my lunch)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Lots of people eat it. It's fine.
  • damecaite42
    damecaite42 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've had it a few times and haven't had any problems with it. I'm actually planning on having some with dinner tonight. I think the important thing to remember is that some people may have allergic reactions. But that's true of other foods that many of us eat every day. Just pay attention to how your body responds after you eat it. You'll know if it's not right for you.

Kay
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I used it in a stir fry and it was good. It is just mushroom protein. It would be the same as using Portabella mushrooms in place of meat patties for burgers. Don't think of fungi as bad it is just mushrooms.
  • waster196
    waster196 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I eat Quorn almost daily. I can't imagine what you might have read to frighten you, but it's never done me or my family any harm.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've been veggie for 10 years and eat it all the time. The burgers etc. can be a little bland on their own (I like that, but most meat eaters don't) but I use the chicken style pieces and mince in cooking all the time and most people don't notice the difference. It's great in chillis, curries stir-frys etc. You'll be fine x
  • kelda_shelton
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I've been eating quorn for YEARS with absoultely no problem - its tasty and healthy - and there is a huge varierty of products.. (well in the UK anyway - not sure about the US and if this is just a new product to you guys).

My husband is a big carnivore and he also enjoys the quorn products.

So, don't worry and enjoy it!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I have never had an issue with quorn products either and I eat them on a regular basis. YUM!
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore quorn stuff! I make a mean taco dip with the meat crumbles and an amazing beefless tips and broccoli, asian style! I feel the crumbles have a more authentic taste than the morningstar and the serving size is very big for the calories/carbs/fat content! I have never been even quesy after eating it! Merely completely satisfied<3<3<3 It is my favorite!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've been eating it (or equivalent products) multiple times a week for literally longer than I can remember. Years and years. It's fine. People will try and health scare on anything. I bet you can look up any product on earth and find some kind of health problem associated with it.