How many sizes?

Options
I have always questioned this from the weight loss commercials so I would like your input! You know the ones "I've lost 8 sizes just drinking this yummy shake twice a day....blah...blah...blah"

I have gone from a size 16 to a size 8 (US). Have I gone down 8 sizes or 4? (15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 or 14, 12, 10,8) I am talking "ladies" sizes, not juniors.

I am thinking I ONLY lost 4, but I wonder about the claims made on those commercials.

Thanks!

Replies

• DawnJanette
    DawnJanette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    4 sizes as you dont get size 15, 13, 11 or 9
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have some skirts in my closet that are size 11, so hmmm? I have wondered the same thing.
  • tbrooke2000
    tbrooke2000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I say 8... 'cause guys can say "8" because they are in inches.... It's more empowering to say 8! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • riacurtis
    riacurtis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    odd numbers are juniors sizing and even numbers are misses/women
  • socialite1
    Options
    Even numbers are women's sizes, odd numbers are junior sizes. So if you're counting only lady sizes, then you're down 4 sizes. Either way you count it, it's still a huge accomplishment.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    With the other comments being stated, I am going with them and saying, count them all! Who says you can't wear a junior size?? I wear some men's clothes from time to time... so you can count those too! Count them all I say!!!
  • Dreamfaire3
    Options
    Hello,

You lost 4. 15,13, and 11 are junior sizes. Congratulations!!!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Canada is different, but there is the occasional store that has all sizes in odd numbers, while most stores are even! Very difficult to find your size then. (Adult female stores)

Personally I might phrase it simply that "I was size X and am now size Z!" Either way, congrats!
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Odd numbers are juniors and even numbers are womens, but they are basically the same. So like a size 15 in juniors is usually the equivalent of a 16 in womens.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!