Water - it works

Options
The last few days have been rough. My normal schedule has been out of sinc and I'm not doing the things I know work for me and my weight loss. The main ingredient for myself is WATER. If I don't drink water as suggested, I feel sluggish and hungry. If I drink the 8 glasses as suggested (and more if possible) I feel full and the craving for food is diminished. Have a great day everyone.....Carla

Replies

• kirs10stevens
    kirs10stevens Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Carla! I couldn't agree MORE!! I recently just started on here and am mainly trying to eat clean as well as increase my water intake. I literally NEVER drink any liquids (which is awful) but it is time to change my ways. I ran across your post! I love it! I have already had two glasses this morning! I feel full but still need to eat breakfast. I am a trainer and tell people to drink water before they eat meals, I just know it will help us to not overeat! I am trying to "friend" like minded folks on here. Would you be interested?
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.....friend request me.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    good morning!

i completely agree with you! i can certianly tell when i'm not as hydrated and can't believe i used to live on such little water!
    i'm glad to see someone else trying to get that water in everyday too!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Awesome advice- it's so true! Your body is made up of mostly water, so dehydration can be detrimental to both your health and your weight loss. Drink the day away! :D
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Water is one of the hardest things for me to do... Thanks for the post, because it is exactly what I need. :drinker:
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm a big believer in drinking water for weight loss. I drink between 10-15 cups per day and I'm never hungry. I have plenty of energy and I'm losing weight! The only time I don't is when I have a big salt day which usually resolved itself within a week of high water intake.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I need a glass of water. brb. Yep water was a huge key for me!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have been short on my water goal lately and told myself this morning I was at least going to drink at least 8 glasses today if not more. I have been taking in too much sodium and not enough water and it has shown on the scale, I have had water weight gain and bloating. Hopefully starting today I will be back on track with my water intake, *cheers *
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    I find it sooooo hard to drink water..
    Ive never liked water. So if you guys can help me to drink this water send me a friend request and you could help/motivate me to drink water every day as i know who important it is

Thanks xx :flowerforyou:
  • decofitwife
    Options
    just filled up my liter bottle. I tend to drink 2 or more liters per day. and it keeps your skin clear :)
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Never seem to get more than five glasses in per day, I know I need to up this amount. It's hard because I don't drink a lot of liquid each day.
  • pebbles2911
    Options
    I was told by my chiropractor that your water intake differs on your weight... he said to divide you weight (lb.) in half then what number the answer is that is how much you should drink in oz.

Ex.. I weigh 122lb
    122 / 2 = 61
    so i should drink at least 61oz. :happy:
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think running the bathroom all the time is good for you too in the form of short activity bursts. I drink around 90oz-100oz a day most days.
  • beegees2
    Options
    will any liquid do? like broth, skim milk, soups?