Body by Vi??

Options
A friend of mine is trying to sell me Body by Vi, I ordered one order just to support her, but I have done the Herbalife thing in the past and it didn't quite work out for me. Wondering if its worth trying or if I should pawn it off on someone else?

Any experience?

Replies

• rebgeo
    rebgeo Posts: 23
    Options
    Someone at work has done this and was very sucsesfull. Another person just started it.
    I'm curious too what others have to say!!
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Someone in my weight loss group does this, and she has very good results with it... I don't really know all the details, but I think she substitutes 2 meals a day with the shakes... that doesn't sound like it gives your body enough calories though..
  • Christamon
    Options
    Also Curious, I have a friend who is always trying to get me to try, even though she know's that I am trying to do this the right way! Rather anoying I might add. Part of me wants to be like you and buy it just to satisfy her, but then there is always next month... how long am I going to have to buy to keep her happy :)
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Someone in my weight loss group does this, and she has very good results with it... I don't really know all the details, but I think she substitutes 2 meals a day with the shakes... that doesn't sound like it gives your body enough calories though..

I agree....and it would be the calorie deficit (which can be done eating real food) that has brought these great results, no?

They all sound like scams to me.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I did it for 4 months and lost 35 lbs. Towards the end I wasn't eating enough for my workouts and it got expensive so I stopped. I also needed more protein so now I take BSN Synth-6 for extra protein and a meal replacement when I'm short on time. I get 54 servings for about $38 shipped, better than $49 for 30 servings.
  • sheamichael
    Options

I am not worried about the calories intake. I talked to my Doctor and at the time I was doing a vegetable only cleans and getting about 600 calories per day. He said that is ok for me. The Herbalife shakes are at around 300 calories after you mix them, so I actually have more calories by taking the shake. Since I have fibromyalgia and am not able to exersize anywhere near a decent amount (I can barely mop my floor) then its better for me to reduce my calories.

I will let everyone know how it goes if I actually decide to drink them, :-)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

I am not worried about the calories intake. I talked to my Doctor and at the time I was doing a vegetable only cleans and getting about 600 calories per day. He said that is ok for me. The Herbalife shakes are at around 300 calories after you mix them, so I actually have more calories by taking the shake. Since I have fibromyalgia and am not able to exersize anywhere near a decent amount (I can barely mop my floor) then its better for me to reduce my calories.

I will let everyone know how it goes if I actually decide to drink them, :-)

Your doctor told you that 600 cals/day is enough for you? That sounds... highly odd.