Anybody doing National Novel Writing Month?

Options
... Or is it just me? (If you're wondering what I'm talking about, you can go to www.nanowrimo.org to find out.)

Anyway this isn't about support for writing. It's about support for writing without completely sabotaging the weightloss program, which looks set to be a bigger challenge. This year will be my fifth nanowrimo and up until now I have always combined writing with a spectacular quantity of junk food. This year, obviously, I'm trying to write without it, and get in my wordcount and still find time to exercise. Anybody else facing the same horror?

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I write. You can write and lose weight ;) No I'm not adhering to NNWM. I write at my own pace. I am currently in the middle of a horror piece and authoring a MUD (multi user dungeon)
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am doing NaNoWriMo--have done it for several year now and love it! What are you doing for NNWM this year?:happy:
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This is the first year I've heard of it and definitely have some interest but I'd have to read up real fast to get on the bandwagon.
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Why not try keeping this open in the background and when you're feeling like you are about to give in to junk food ask for support, just chatting to someone for a few minutes can get you past that little barrier and you'll feel like you've had a break and can get back to writing.

Also I didn't know what you were talking about at first but am going to check it out!! :)
    Good luck :)
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I have been writing ideas down for a novel for years. It's always floating around my head. Maybe November is the time to start writing it? I donno. I used to get all of my creativity out through old school message board rp's. I miss those simpler times :P