I HAVE AN IDEA THAT MAY WORK!

Options
My bff and I were visiting about eating this delicious dessert that ... well, even tweaked with fat free and sugar free ingredients left us looking at only being allowed a 2 inch square. Which! we think just might be ideal! Provided we ate it will my infants spoons.
So I have this IDEA! Try it tell me what you think. I will do it too!
We should all eat with infant serviceware, it would slow us down AND make the yummy things last longer.
What do you think? Of course if you want to come over we can try it out on that absolutly wonderful dessert
and post our findings!

Have a great day! Jeanie

Replies

• purpletrillium
    Options
    I like that idea. I'll try that. I fit my meals on a dessert plate, or place the food in a plastic container that is no more than 2 cups. If it can't fit in there, it can't fit in my stomach!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I always use a small plate and small silverware at home. I am a little *quircky* but I don't feel like I am just shoving all the food in my mouth that way but rather enjoying every bite!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Or we could just measure out sensible portions and take sensible bites. Both ways work. :flowerforyou:
  • collyllama
    Options
    I've started eating with smaller silverware, so I definitely think it works!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I use a tiny espresso spoon for yogurt, ice cream, pudding, sugar free jello, etc. It seems to make it last longer.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This would never work for me...the fat free, the sugar free, or the tiny spoon. But I'm glad it may work for you.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    It would just take me a lot longer to eat that whole blueberry pie........

Won't work for cookies, fried chicken and french fries :wink:
  • don_s_bartosik
    don_s_bartosik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    An interesting idea....I recall the difference that using smaller plates/bowls made (for my psyche & my waistline) years ago....a mind game for some, but if my big plate looks really sparse, I just can't always "feel" satisfied....
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat left handed when I catch myself binging. Also, chopsticks.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    For those of us without infants and therefore, without infant spoons, it just seems like a waste of money.
  • much2gain
    Options
    I don't know about infant spoons but I have "downsized" to my grandmother's china (which is smaller than our standard fare these days) and I use these great little bowls from Ikea's kids section for treats, dressings etc. They hold about a cup and are perfect for yogurt, ice cream, salad dressing (on the side), chopped veggies...
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I do something similar too! I use the small plate for everything. Our plate diameters have changed since 1960. In the 60's a standard dinner plate was roughly 9 inches, now they are more commonly 11 to 12 inches across.

I like the infant fork, spoon thing. That is smart!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I always use small silverware at home. Not usually bowls and plates though.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    This would never work for me...the fat free, the sugar free, or the tiny spoon. But I'm glad it may work for you.

But if it's fat free and sugar free it won't have much flavor anyways so it will be ok that the tiny spoon is too itty bitty to give a big enough portion to be able to taste it. :flowerforyou:
  • Qarol
    Options
    But if it's fat free and sugar free it won't have much flavor anyways so it will be ok that the tiny spoon is too itty bitty to give a big enough portion to be able to taste it. :flowerforyou:
    Good point...by now, I'm regretting taking the time to bake the darn thing with all that fat free and sugar free.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am reading this as I literally am using a shovel to eat my cereal out of my 5 gallon bucket.
  • gabriella_0577
    Options
    I love it!!!!
  • Qarol
    Options
    I am reading this as I literally am using a shovel to eat my cereal out of my 5 gallon bucket.
    Yea, somehow I can't see you using a tot spoon!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

I hope you washed it first so your milk doesn't get dirt chunks in it.....unless it's your special food shovel. In that case, carry on.